My LG 4G shut down on its own and can't get it to power up with anything I try.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Yesterday my LG 4G shut itself off with over 80% battery life. It wouldn't turn back on. Had to drive somewhere to borrow a phone to see if Verizon could help me. I tried everything they suggested and still nothing. Came back home to see if anyone on the internet had additional suggestions but had to order a new phone in the meantime.

Now I see that this is a HUGE problem with the LG android. Has LG figured out what is the problem? I have NOT added any new apps to my phone for probably 8 months or more so I can't believe it is an app that caused my phone to shut itself down-permanently. LG has to know what is causing this to routinely happen to users but I can't find out anything on what is actually causing the problem.

I will loose all my contact phone numbers which is freaking me out-even my family numbers! Loose all my photos, etc.

If anyone can direct me to WHY this seems to be an issue with LG Android phones I would greatly appreciate it!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

The bootloop issues were prevalent in the G4 (and to a lesser extent in the V10). Later models of LG devices do not have this issue. https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/636120-kinda-official-lg-g4-bootloop-thread.html

Have you synced your contacts to your Google account? If so, restoring them to a new device will happen automatically when you sign in.

It would also be a good idea to use Google Photos to automatically backup your photos.