My nexus 5x has this problem : your device is corrupt it cant be trusted may not work properly (red)

A

AC Question

My Nexus 5X has this problem : your device is corrupt it cant be trusted may not work properly (red), my question : will it work normally after fixing or need change phone. I mean i have guaranty and the company which is in charge to fix it say that you will change details, but when i will get phone i have to check it on place and if i will take it back to home and phone will have some problems they don't give me guaranty about this ( i know its sound sh..t, so i need to know, what kind of problem is it and what is statistic or information that phone works well long time after even well fixing, cause its not detail problem, but sistem as i see and may it shows itself after some while?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's hard to say, without knowing what else you've been doing with the phone. What you're encountering is a failure due to Verified Boot, which looks for corrupt or infected firmware: https://source.android.com/security/verifiedboot/ Have you been doing anything that increases your chance of serious malware, like downloading files from unreliable sites (especially "free" music/movies/games)?