my phone companion windows 10 broken

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I really depended on this app for communicating from my laptop. I will have to use a USB adapter now off my phone till it works again.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
@johnson21 The app on the 21 won't show on the phone even though it is shown as installed when looked up on the play store. I did go to settings, advanced settings, and enabled calling and text from different device. Uninstaller and reinstalled the my companion app. And also checked the setting from my laptop. Nothing.

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
@johnson21 The app on the 21 won't show on the phone even though it is shown as installed when looked up on the play store. I did go to settings, advanced settings, and enabled calling and text from different device. Uninstaller and reinstalled the my companion app. And also checked the setting from my laptop. Nothing.

Call & text from other devices is for samsung to samsung. Like your s21 with a watch or samsung tablet.

In the adavance settings go down to link to windows and turn that on. Thats for windows. Theres also a notification tile that you can turn on from there.

D

Deleted member 90790

The app stinks, works when it feels like. I'm using Pulse for texting. Works on PC and phone always.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The app stinks, works when it feels like. I'm using Pulse for texting. Works on PC and phone always.

I was texting from my computer today but the companion thing on my phone kept shutting back off aftert I turned it on. Under settings link to windows it's off now. I would turn it on and it would tell me to punch this code in on the computer and it wouldn't pop up for me to punch in but it was letting me text back and forth. Then link to windows kept flooring off it was weird.

I used to use Google messages and then I texted on Chrome Browser on PC and on my Chromebook. I may go back to using it here soon and cause of RCS.

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Theres also Samsung Dex. I like that better then Link to windows, its just faster with notification and you can have everything on your phone mirror to your computer.

But the one big thing is that it can only connect with the phone being plugged into the computer or connect with the phone being on the same wifi. If you could use phone data like how link to windows does Dex would be the best option.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
My Windows app seems to he hosed today. Battery shows 0 and messages just has the waiting indicator. I can pull up the remote desktop to the phone and that works just fine.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I love that Windows 10 app. I didn't use it for the longest time because I thought it would be lame like every other early attempt at phone companions.

It's kind of like Teams, but specifically for your smartphone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The app on the 21 won't show on the phone even though it is shown as installed when looked up on the play store.
That only shows that you once installed the app, it doesn't know if the app is currently installed. (And tapping the "Installed" button will install the app - only the text on the button changes, the function doesn't.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor