My screen is a rainbow?

smitty3896

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Mid text my droid 4 brought up the 5% plug in your charger notification....I plug it in and go to finish my text....and all of a sudden the screen turns white....it's white and has scattered green purple and a couple other colors???it's like a really fine paint splatter... I didn't drop it, I simply started to type, and poof, nada....I've tried the forced re boot with the power and volume button. It will go off then just go straight back to the same screen.
Any advice?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Not sure what to suggest. Have you spoken to Verizon about it, and started a claim for insurance?

tcopple86

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? My screen just went rainbow on me as well. Just checking my email at my desk. Didnt drop it or even press hard. Resetting does no good with the the power/vol button. Restarts and has the same rainbow.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
My son has my old Droid 4 and it will randomly blink white on and off. It did not do this until he took over the phone so I'm not exactly sure what the problem is other than a connection issue between the display and GPU. When you open to use the keyboard, is the connection from the keyboard and screen loose? Is there any jiggling?

ardiantobli

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
It is really annoying when people reply with suggestions when they do not have an answer, there is more then one person in the world, I’m sure more than one will come across the question and answer, so do not feel the need that you have to reply suggesting on returning a phone for a very small setting. Stop filling internet with junk.

Answer:
This is due to a day dreamfeature enabled on your phone, it ca can be turned off by doing the following:

Settings > Display > Daydream > turn off

Reuben Julius

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I have just had the same thing happen to me. I went into setting and found it was under settings- display-screensaver . You can chosen to change or keep it. Hopefully this helps