My Verizon not working?

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Since I got my S3, I haven't been able to log into the My Verizon app.

I saw a post kind of similar, and the fix was to just add the widget. If I put the widget on my home screen, I can get into the app that way, but not if I try launching the app from any other source.

When launching the app, it wants me to log in. Nothing I enter works... Then, I got locked out. It asks me for billing zip and pin... I enter that and it gives me a temporary password. Then, it tells me my username is wrong. So, I do the "forgot username" and it tells me that my billing and pin don't match. The same one I just used to get my temporary password.

It was annoying at first, but I don't use the app that often, so it wasn't a huge deal. However, I just found out today that I can't log into NFL mobile either, because it's saying I need a VZW profile, and takes me to the My Verizon app to log in. Come season start, I use that app a lot.

I have confirmed with a family member who is having the same issue since launch, and VZW didn't have a fix. Any one else having a similar issue?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried it when I first got my S3 and I put in name and password, then get an endless circle on the screen. I haven't tried the widget as you stated. I also remember reading that same post you did before. I ended up just going to the Verizon site in the browser to log in. It's a pain. I haven't tried it since, but will and let you know if still happening.

Reactions: Prozak

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried it when I first got my S3 and I put in name and password, then get an endless circle on the screen. I haven't tried the widget as you stated. I also remember reading that same post you did before. I ended up just going to the Verizon site in the browser to log in. It's a pain. I haven't tried it since, but will and let you know if still happening.

I can login fine on the browser, but that still won't let me launch NFL Mobile.

I made sure I didn't have any VZW bloat frozen, to see if that was the issue, but no dice on that.

I'm currently rooted, but stock rom. I had this issue before rooting, so I know not not that.

Also, family member is 100%7 stock, no root, same issue.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm running version 10.0.229 (not the latest) and it works fine if I use MY cell login/password, but if I try to use the master login/password then I have the same problem that you initially described. Rather annoying, since on my rooted Thunderbolt it allowed me to use the master login/password (but only on WiFi).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Same issues here. They opened a p1 ticket for me 2 weeks ago and I have never heard anything back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you add the my vzw widget to your homescreen ,let it load up.Then on the bottom right side of that window touch "My verizon"and it should open up the app and be able to access all of your info that way .Im using version 10.0.332
I do have most the bloatware froze btw(except for My verizon app) and it still works.
8b379e1a-26f4-7ea1.jpg

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you add the my vzw widget to your homescreen ,let it load up.Then on the bottom right side of that window touch "My verizon"and it should open up the app and be able to access all of your info that way .Im using version 10.0.332
I do have most the bloatware froze btw(except for My verizon app) and it still works.
Click to view quoted image

I can get in that way, which is fine for checking usage and such... I stated such in my OP.

Problem is I can't start NFL Mobile without logging into My Verizon, and I can't "log in" to My Verizon app, can only do the widget work around, which is usless for the NFL Mobile app. Starting to get annoyed with VZW though.

Thanks

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
This should work without using the widget. You don't need to authenticate when using the widget. When going to myvzw from the widget no authentication is required. So why is the app when launched asking to authenticate. Sounds like a bug.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This should work without using the widget. You don't need to authenticate when using the widget. When going to myvzw from the widget no authentication is required. So why is the app when launched asking to authenticate. Sounds like a bug.

Should work, but doesn't. I really don't care much about the app itself, since I can just get in through the widget.

More annoyed by not being able to access NFL Mobile, as I use that to stream games and video while I'm out and about. Sports bliss was when I was at an MLB game, watching an NFL game in between innings.

For whatever reason, this bug affects not only My Verizon, but anything that apparently needs the My Verizon credentials.

I know their first piece of advice is "factory reset"... Just wanting to avoid the hassle if I can.

I have a nandroid, so if it doesn't fix, I can just load the backup and be fine, but if it does work, will take me a ton of time to set everything back up

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue out of the box. I think it is an issue on their end.

Just heard back. It's a "known issue" and they are working on it... So, we should see a fix in time for the Galaxy S4

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Only time I had an issue was when my area was having problems. Otherwise I have been able to login fine!

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Turn off wifi and try it. Once logged in successfully without wifi, it should work regardless of the wifi setting.

I had to turn off wifi the first time I logged in with the My Verizon app.

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I had tried this before and it didn't work, but gave it a try again and it worked! What I realized is when I turned wifi off it was turned back on almost immediately automatically. Quite annoying. Ended up getting to the sign in screen, having to disable wifi, and return to the sign in and press the signing button. Voila it worked.

Automatically turning on wifi and attaching to networks is quite annoying. It is also making this issue worse.

Once I completed the signing process I could connect to wireless and log in.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Turn off wifi and try it. Once logged in successfully without wifi, it should work regardless of the wifi setting.

I had to turn off wifi the first time I logged in with the My Verizon app.

Doesn't work with wifi off either. I have triple checked that it's off, still nothing.

Like I posted above, they say it's a known issue, so who knows when/if we see a fix

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't work with wifi off either. I have triple checked that it's off, still nothing.

Like I posted above, they say it's a known issue, so who knows when/if we see a fix

I know it's a known issue. But when you turn of wifi, are you on 4G when you try to sign in?

Maybe try switching to 3G only and try signing in?

Hopefully they fix it before the season starts.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I know it's a known issue. But when you turn of wifi, are you on 4G when you try to sign in?

Maybe try switching to 3G only and try signing in?

Hopefully they fix it before the season starts.

Used Phone Info to switch to 3g, no dice. Good thought though, hadn't considered trying 3g.

It used to be it worked fine on 3g but would have to log in on wifi. My wife's iphone works fine on 3g, nadda for me.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Got nfl working on CleanRom
I had to use root explorer and
VzwSigSSOEngine.apk,which instead of deleting added .bak to it.
Afterwhich I downloaded the Verizon logon app and the Verizon NFL app from the playstore.Then signed into the NFL app and it worked.

sent from my s3

Last edited: