Mymail not loading photos and images.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Suddenly, MyMail, which I've been using for 8 years, is no longer loading photos and images from incoming emails. I also have Gmail on my Pixel that has no problem with photos. I've checked all the settings and they appear to be correct . I have not made any changes to the app. What could be wrong?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache for MyMail in Settings>Apps, then Force Stop it, then open it again. If the problem persists, then also Clear Data (which means you'll probably have to add your email account back to it when you reopen it).

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I had tried your suggestions before I posted the problem. I just repeated the suggestions but it still doesn't work.
I'm going to start using Gmail until I figure out how to fix it. I even reinstalled the app

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I received a short answer in the form of a question. "Does the condition still exist? '". It still does so I'm waiting for a follow-up.
In the meantime, using Gmail in place of MyMail, takes some getting used to. I. E., Where icons allowed transfers to other folders in MyMail, I have to find the function in a menu. Is there an icon to move emails around?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully the devs fix the problem soon. In Gmail, you just have to tap Menu>Move To (the first option in the menu).

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm still awaiting an answer that their developers promised. They have acknowledged the problem. In the meantime, I'm using Gmail, but keep testing MyMail looking for the fix.

myarmando

Sep 30, 2018
Visit site
Suddenly, MyMail, which I've been using for 8 years, is no longer loading photos and images from incoming emails. I also have Gmail on my Pixel that has no problem with photos. I've checked all the settings and they appear to be correct . I have not made any changes to the app. What could be wrong?

Hi. I know that feeling. I have been using myMail since it started and I'm a beta tester. But lately the app has been really unstable. Not downloading mails and attachments, connection errors etc to name only a couple.
I had no choice but to uninstall it after so many years. I am now using another app , which also still uses Split screen, just the way myMail used to but refuses to revert to, and it has been perfect so far. Split screen is so practical when you have a few email accounts and folders.
I might go back to myMail if they ever get their act together again.
But I noticed so many times with my numerous dealings with them that they are not eager to listen to users, let alone beta testers.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the input! What's the email app you're using now?

myarmando

Sep 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for approving my post.
I didn't think I was allowed to name other apps, but since you asked, I am now using Aqua Mail Pro, obtained from Tapatalk.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for approving my post.
I didn't think I was allowed to name other apps, but since you asked, I am now using Aqua Mail Pro, obtained from Tapatalk.

Oh, you can certainly talk about specific apps. We can usually tell if a person is pretending not to be the app's developer or someone paid to promote it.;)