N7 just randomly restarted, anyone else?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
it was on stand by, then it just restarted by itself.

this has never happened to me before you only started after I updated it to 4.4

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: it restarted by itself,anyone else?

Do a search on here for "random restart". Most people with issues have had them before KitKat, some seem to have seen a reduction in the problem.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Mine is more than that. it used to shut down randomly. I had to send it for repair

bubba3595

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Mine did it a couple tines with 4.3, and once so far with 4.4. Not a big deal to me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

I had to return two n7 2013 devices before finally getting one that did not have the random reboot problem.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Lol it happens but nothing and I mean nothing like my iPhone 5 with iOS 7 it probably randomly reboots 1 to 2 times a day

I know this doesn't really add anything to this thread but just sayin'

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like a nexus! My nexus 4 did that almost daily, could never fix it. Even my RMA unit started doing it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

this tablet restarted this morning, i didn't use it. then it restarted again without using it.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

this tablet restarted this morning, i didn't use it. then it restarted again without using it.

Mine is doing the same thing. I want to live this tablet, but this is frustrating.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Will a factory reboot erase what is saved in memory? Backups of app settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
yes, if you do a factory reset, you will have to install all the apps again. your pics will be saved by google automatically though.

you can do a cache partition clean, but it didn't solve my problem.

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so people always say "did it do that before loading apps"...that's a dumb question. What else are you supposed to do with a tablet or a phone for that matter? Apps are what make the thing useful...it shouldnt matter if you load them from the "Play Store" . If you asked if they loaded apps from "the wild" then I'd agree with the question.

So I get random reboots on my N7 2013 all the time after Kit Kat...it's annoying as can be!!!

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
if you like, you should contact asus support. mine is a little extra, because when i first got it it randomly shut down, after the "repair", it now randomly restarts. their tech support told me that it is probably due to hardware problem.

if your tablet was working fine before, then maybe it is the kitkat's problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so people always say "did it do that before loading apps"...that's a dumb question.

Not necessarily. The specific question should be, "Did it start after installing a particular app?" Safe Mode can help narrow down the issue to a 3rd party app or the native Android system (if the problem stops while in Safe Mode, then it's a 3rd party app that is likely causing the problem). Pinpointing which 3rd party app is the tricky part.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so people always say "did it do that before loading apps"...that's a dumb question. What else are you supposed to do with a tablet or a phone for that matter? Apps are what make the thing useful...it shouldnt matter if you load them from the "Play Store" . If you asked if they loaded apps from "the wild" then I'd agree with the question.

So I get random reboots on my N7 2013 all the time after Kit Kat...it's annoying as can be!!!

It's not a dumb question. It is a good troubleshooting question designed to address whether a particular problem is intrinsic to the hardware and system software, or rather whether it involves installed apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha