NavBar Color Change Crashed Phone [S9] (ADB Shell)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So recently i wanted to change my S9 navigation bar color and i tried to use adb shell. All worked fine, i was using these commands:

adb shell
settings put global navigationbar_color <insert value>
settings put global navigationbar_current_color <insert value>

So i read that i if i insert a wrong value then phone may crash and never boot. So I accidentaly pressed CTRL-V (windows cmd prompt) and pressed enter, it didnt paste code but paste ^V symbol instead of color decimal number, so i ended with crashed phone which is not booting now. (Blue led light with samsung logo endless staying on screen).

I really need help to recover all this. I dont want to reset my phone, i want just to change that value back to proper number, but i cant find a way to do. Tried to access phone storage to use sqlite3 on file where global setting is stored, but phone not showing in windows explorer or samsung smart switch.

I just want to find these two strings and add the old value back to them. I dont want to reset phone and loose information just for 2 variables.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I really need help to recover all this. I dont want to reset my phone
Oh, you've gone way past that. You have to reflash the ROM. Check the relevant S 9 section of XDA Forums (different variants need different ROMS) for a 4 file ROM (that;s a ROM you can flash without wiping the phone - so you'll keep all your apps and data). Then read [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN. Load each of the 4 files to the relevant section in OIdin. Then flash and go watch TV for a while, unless you like watching paint dry.

ReDFlaMe PoWeR

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
Are you joking right ? If i flash all 4 files and it doesnt delete anything then it means it won't delete
/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings*​.db

where the my navbar settings has been saved. The system folder is not damaged, its ok .The problem is in this file from data directory. I only need somehow to access this file with sqlite3 or perform pull and push to change that value which causes phone being bricked.

Samsung S9- no fastboot, frp lock (cant install twrp), recovery mode not recognizes adb . Nothing works on this **** phone.