Need a few original files

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Can someone post (or otherwise send me somehow) the stock QuickOffice.apk and QuickOffice.odex files from /system/app directory?

Need it so my OTA can complete.

Thanks,
AJ

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, dude.

I don't know that you actually have to install the apps again. From what I could tell, the updater is just looking to see if the files are in the right place.

With that link, i will hack at it in the morning. Thanks again!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I got "closer". Now I'm looking for "RichLocationVzW.odex", which is not on the zip/image linked in the previous post.

Anyone have that file in /system/apps that they can send me? Don't know why it's missing from that system dump...but the updater seems to think it should be there.

UPDATE:
My Bad, that dump DOES have the odex file. I was looking in the wrong place. Sorry for the confusion...

Here I go again... ;)

Last edited:

anon(558804)

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Using Root Explorer, go through the /system/app directory on your device. Make note of all the cases where there is an APK file but no ODEX file. I found 15 cases. Then go to the dump and copy both the APK and ODEX files for those cases where you have an ODEX file missing. (Note: I couldn't reach /system/app from my PC, so I put them in the download directory on the SD card and used Root Explorer to copy them over once I had all the files I needed on the device.) You will find cases where the dump also has no ODEX file. Apparently that is OK and you can skip those. I did this, unrooted, then ran the update and it completed. I then went to the Market and got Titanium Backup (The Market recognized I had purchased it) and restored the user apps I wanted. I rebooted and GO Launcher came up. Most of the widgets could not load, so I had to redo all of those. But by 1:00 this morning I was basically back where I wanted to be, with the new update and my customizations. Now I'll have to carefully think about my approach to the bloat apps.

Last edited:

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I just, just got the update to succeed. I did the same thing...copied missing apk and odex files back to the /system/app directory and when it found them all the update succeeded.

I'm going to try Freezing the apps I don't want and not deleting them...the only one I know I had an issue freezing was that Social Location, which would run stubbornly and use up a bunch of battery (if it was launching and not doing anything, I wouldn't care so much, but it was consistently in the top 5 battery consumers).

Glad to hear your situation worked-out too. Happy Holidays.

-AJ

anon(558804)

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
And a Merry Christmas to you. I think it would be instructive to find a bloat app in /system/app, freeze it, and see what happened to the files.

thelastbill

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello, Ive been on the razr forum clawing my eyes out trying to fix my phone. I somehow messed up my phone trying to delete my bootstrap without researching enough first. Do you , or anyone have a backup I can download to un brick my phone?

anon(558804)

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
What condition is the phone in now? There is a DROID RAZR System Dump link further up this page that has all the files. I don't know anything about bootstraps. You might have to try a factory reset (hold down power and volume up (or down?) buttons simultaneously).

thelastbill

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

I can sometimes get ingto the recovery screen but my pc isnt recognizing the device. So if i can somehow get the files onto the sd card and run an update, maybe i can save the phone. How do i use the system dump?

anon(558804)

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
What I was doing was going through the /system/app folder on my phone and writing down all the files that had an APK but no ODEX file. I found those in the "apps" folder of the dump and copied them to the phone (both APK and ODEX) from my PC. But you can't access the phone from your PC. Do you have the Motorola drivers installed on your PC?

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I was copying the files from my pc to the phone using dropbox, and once on the phone, es file explorer, if that helps any.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky