Need help understanding VolTE - Carrier canceled me!

s96

Jan 10, 2022
Visit site
Hey everyone, I had a couple questions. I really don't know anything about phones. lol

I have a Huawei P10 that I bought off eBay last year for around $180 (unlocked, open-box new). I activated it with my carrier, Net10, and have been using it ever since.

A few days ago, I get a text from them saying my phone is not compatible with VoLTE and I will need to buy a new one that IS compatible before Jan 8 by buying one from them or somewere else. I guess I was sold a P10 from another country? Because this phone SHOULD have it already.

So now I can't even buy minutes for my phone so I have no phone for 2 days now. :(

Is there ANY way to get VoLTE on a phone that doesn't have it already installed? I'm one that keeps phones for a good 3-4 years, and spending $180 for one is actually a lot for me. I haven't even had it 1 year. I really don't want to buy a new one.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's not a matter of "installing" VoLTE. Sometimes devices intended for other countries have different radio bands enabled or available on the modem. There's no way to "add" one. The device you bought may not have the bands needed to support your provider and there's no way to fix that without replacing it.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone, I had a couple questions. I really don't know anything about phones. lol

I have a Huawei P10 that I bought off eBay last year for around $180 (unlocked, open-box new). I activated it with my carrier, Net10, and have been using it ever since.

A few days ago, I get a text from them saying my phone is not compatible with VoLTE and I will need to buy a new one that IS compatible before Jan 8 by buying one from them or somewere else. I guess I was sold a P10 from another country? Because this phone SHOULD have it already.

So now I can't even buy minutes for my phone so I have no phone for 2 days now. :(

Is there ANY way to get VoLTE on a phone that doesn't have it already installed? I'm one that keeps phones for a good 3-4 years, and spending $180 for one is actually a lot for me. I haven't even had it 1 year. I really don't want to buy a new one.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Net10 is an MVNO that might be using AT&T network, and it's simply considered an unsupported device now as 3G is shutdown. If that's case and Net10 uses VZW or TMO networks as well, you might get Net10 to switch network behind scenes.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe