Need help with my OCD :)

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hiya, folks,

This is really a tongue in cheek kind of post... kinda, sorta.

I really, REALLy would like to have some type of cool wallpaper. Maybe like a galaxy, superhero, nature, seasonal... heck swapping out as my mood dictates.

So... what's the problem? Just do it !!

Yeah... my problem... my OCD need to have all the apps I use frequently on one page for one stop shopping. Plus my email widget, calendar widget, picture of my son, etc. That's while using Nova launcher to give me a 10x7 grid with icons at 70% size so I can fit more on the page.

EVERY time I try to set up a second page with a theme or wallpaper with no other icons on it, (so using the app drawar to get to apps), or even just a few, or using the Edge screen... I just can't do it.

My eyes start twitching, my skin gets cold and clammy, (these are jokes mind you), and I just go back to using my one homescreen with a BLAH background, (however I do love the new icon pack seen in the screenshot).

Please help this poor soul. Tell me it's ok to have to tap/swipe two or three times to get to the same app I can now in ONE tap in exchange for having a really nice background/wallpaper to look at !!

The logical part of me keeps jumping in saying:

"Why care about the wallpaper/theme when you don't spend really any time looking at it? When you have your phone, you're accessing an app and not looking at the wallpaper. You don't ever hold your phone and just ogle the wallpaper. Plus why tap/swipe more than once?"

But... but... but some of them are so nicely done !!

Essentially I'm bored and felt the need to post this vexing OCD problem of mine... of course... If I'd just buy an iPhone, I wouldn't have this issue, LOL.

Hope this post gives folks a bit of a chuckle.

Take care.
20181005_122508.jpg

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
A launcher with one long continuous scrolling (vertical) page?

Microsoft Launcher 5.0 beta seems like a mess to me setting up.

If the wallpaper would rotate through a folder (MacOS does) could satisfy need for variety. Bing chooses what their wallpaper of the day.

Good Lock launcher has a strong support group too.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
LOL and I prefer bigger icons and less on a page well though my stuff is pretty full on three pages. With lots of folders. Haha

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My OCD would cringe at my page being like that lol. I have the opposite problem. I want all my frequently used icons easily accessible on the home screen but without the clutter. I pretty much have everything in folders.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My OCD would cringe at my page being like that lol. I have the opposite problem. I want all my frequently used icons easily accessible on the home screen but without the clutter. I pretty much have everything in folders.

I tried that... but then I had to tap twice for everything.

Tap 1 - open folder
Tao 2 - open app

Does that make me lazy... or efficient... or just plain nuts? LoL.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's different - I have 3 screens on Nova - swipe left or swipe right, and I'm where I need to be. (And solid black, because an AMOLED screen uses more power if the background is lighter.)

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Everyone's different - I have 3 screens on Nova - swipe left or swipe right, and I'm where I need to be. (And solid black, because an AMOLED screen uses more power if the background is lighter.)

Yes they are, and I was just thinking about that with the replies in this thread.

The problem is that *I* want to be different from myself, lol.

I look at the show us your homescreen thread, at all those really nice... though to me too minimal... layouts and wish I could enjoy a layout like that. I just can't seem to do so after a day or so I go back.

Keep in mind, this is meant as a humorous "conversation piece" thread... though I do wish I could stop being so OCD about my screen layout :-[

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My homescreen is the same on all of my additional screens. Are you wanting additional screens to be different? Are you saying you can't add additional screens unless you put a app icon on it? Can you put an app icon on it and then remove it? Does that remove the additional screen? My OCD could never have that much stuff on my homescreen :eek: I'm getting a tad anxious just looking at it ;)

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My homescreen is the same on all of my additional screens. Are you wanting additional screens to be different? Are you saying you can't add additional screens unless you put a app icon on it? Can you put an app icon on it and then remove it? Does that remove the additional screen? My OCD could never have that much stuff on my homescreen :eek: I'm getting a tad anxious just looking at it ;)

<chuckle>

No, I'm saying that whenever I try something like this screenshot of my new Homescreen, I invariably go back to the one I showed previously, because I tend to hate having to do two gestures; swipe to open a folder, then tap to open an app... when I can just have all of my apps out on a single screen to tap once.

Attachments

• 20181006_065858.jpg
    20181006_065858.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 20