Netflix issue

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else was having any problem running Netflix on their Samsung Galaxy tab S3. Before and after the latest update the netflix app simply fails to play any video it will open the app but I get "There is a problem playing the video. Please try again" (1.20)
It started doing this about 3 or 4 weeks ago and prior to that it worked fine. I'm getting more and more disappointed with this tablet and I doubt I'll ever buy another Samsung tablet. It's just starting to do all kinds of wonky things, crashing, restarting on its own. Oh well. If I could fix the Netflix problem it would be nice.

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
I didn't notice a few things after the last update, the tablet runs really slow. I have rebooted it several times but no changes. I haven't ran Netflix on it yet, but will see if I have the same problem. I was thinking about purchasing Google's new tablet, but I don't want to spend another six hundred bucks.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I just updated this evening and notice it to be slower overall. I thought it was maybe on account of still processing the update although it did say it was done. I hope any slow down down won't be permanent. I will try netflix thru the Chrome browser tomorrow as I've shut it down already. Maybe that would work but using the netflix app has always worked well up till recently. Was kinda hoping the update would fix it.
I would love to have Googles new tab but can't really justify the cost right now. I have a pixel 2 and really like it. I'm thinking their new tablet looks nice and won't disappoint.

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes it looks great, and expensive. The case us $199, and the stylus $99,that just too pricey for me after buying this one. I wish I would have waited. I bought my Tab3 on Cyber Monday last year.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Apparently I cannot access Netflix from the Chrome browser. If I type in the web address it just takes me to the Netflix app. If I disable the netflix app(it cannot be removed)it just reopens when I type in the Netflix web address. Apparently Samsung has a deal with Netflix to allow their app exclusively. I may try a different browser later but I'd need to get one from the playstore and I'm wondering if Samsung even allows this.
I know this forum is pretty dead but if anyone sees this and can recommend a good browser to try that works I'd appreciate it.

Velenoso

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
Apparently I cannot access Netflix from the Chrome browser. If I type in the web address it just takes me to the Netflix app. If I disable the netflix app(it cannot be removed)it just reopens when I type in the Netflix web address. Apparently Samsung has a deal with Netflix to allow their app exclusively. I may try a different browser later but I'd need to get one from the playstore and I'm wondering if Samsung even allows this.
I know this forum is pretty dead but if anyone sees this and can recommend a good browser to try that works I'd appreciate it.

Can I ask why you wouldn't use the netflix app over chrome?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask why you wouldn't use the netflix app over chrome?

Sure, if you noticed in the OP, my Netflix app does not work anymore. I can't play anything it just fails and gives me an error. So I'm looking for alternatives. It used to work fine up until a month or so ago.

Velenoso

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
Sure, if you noticed in the OP, my Netflix app does not work anymore. I can't play anything it just fails and gives me an error. So I'm looking for alternatives. It used to work fine up until a month or so ago.

You tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
You tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

It would not let me uninstall just disable. However, after doing that a few times it seems to have cleared it's cache and is currently working again. Pereviously disabling and reenabling only took me back to where I had left off. After about the 4th try it wiped itself and I had to relog in and it then reloaded my info, that so far seems to have done the trick.
Thanks for your input.

Velenoso

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
It would not let me uninstall just disable. However, after doing that a few times it seems to have cleared it's cache and is currently working again. Pereviously disabling and reenabling only took me back to where I had left off. After about the 4th try it wiped itself and I had to relog in and it then reloaded my info, that so far seems to have done the trick.
Thanks for your input.

I'm glad it's working for you. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere