Never say never again...

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
In 2015 Samsung forced an update on me and bricked my phone, so I switched to Apple and never looked back.
Until now, lol.

Don’t get me wrong: I love Apple products, I have an iPhone X and an iPad Pro 9.7

Because I do all my computing on my iPad, it really is in use all the time, plus I’m pretty hard on my electronics, so my iPad which is slightly over 2 years old is currently working as a book. ������
And it always has to be plugged in.
And things take forever to load etc.
So I’m doing everything on my phone.

So when Apple failed to release a new iPad during their last event, I decided to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4.
I got the Verizon one, 64 gb but I also got a 256 gb memory card.

I’m pretty sure I’ll keep all the important stuff like banking and taxes on phone until Apple releases a new IPP because i just prefer Apple’s security for that, but I really need to stare at a larger screen than a phone, hence the Tab.

I plan to use it mostly for fun, surfing, movies etc.

I haven’t been on an Android system since Jellybean, I think. Or was it a Ice-cream Sandwich? ������

Anyway. Tell me about Oreo? And if you have a GT S4, how do you like it? What do you use it for? ... What have I done and will I be sorry?

I haven’t received it yet. I didn’t get the keyboard case because I hate physical keyboards, I prefer virtual on a tablet.

Somebody please tell me I did the right thing, lol.

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Wow, hoping for the review of this model from you :)
Wish you to be pleased with your new purchase

Actually... NO:
I just got a crash course reminder on why I stopped using Samsung products.

I placed my order on the 12th.
It had the tablet, a memory card, a charging dock and a book cover.
I got the memory card.
I tried going to the Samsung website to check on the rest of my order and could not access anything.
I tried calling but Samsung doesn’t talk to lowly customers apparently.
No shipping info, no estimated date, not even a functional access link to my account and order, enough is enough.

I had to contact my bank to get everything canceled, at which point Samsung finally chimed in and said « oh, we took your money but the tablet won’t ship out for now, we have a TENTATIVE date of September 30th.

Lol.

I instructed my bank to get my money back and refuse any charges from Samsung in the future.
These people are still operating like a organized racket, they absolutely do not give a damn about their customers so I am back to my trusty iPhone X and hope that Apple will release an iPad Pro soon.

Puke.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Read my previous post. Lol.

Ah yes! Sorry about that! This is what lack of sleep does to me before an early work morning haha.

I'm so sorry about your experience. So strange that Samsung just sent you a memory card and not the tablet or anything else. That's not good customer service on their part. Good to hear that your bank was able to get your money back.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah... it’s too bad because I was stoked about playing with an Android tablet after all these years but if this is how they treated me just as I ordered it, I’m thinki I can’t rely on them for support if there’s an issue with the tablet so just as well.
I guess I’m hoping Apple won’t take too long in releasing the next IPP.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... it’s too bad because I was stoked about playing with an Android tablet after all these years but if this is how they treated me just as I ordered it, I’m thinki I can’t rely on them for support if there’s an issue with the tablet so just as well.

I don't blame you for hesitating to buy a Samsung tablet after the way they treated you. Hopefully you'll have a better experience the next time you buy a tablet!

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

Rumor is they will be updating the iPad line in October. Hopefully this is true because I have the same iPad as you and my battery life has dwindled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582