New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded... it seems to sync ok, but the "UPDATES" section in the People App only shows a single update per person. And it's usually a very old update. For many contacts, no updates show (only Google+ updates).

If the user has NO Google+ profile, but does have the HaxSync FB profile, the "UPDATES" section does not show AT ALL.

Seems like it's very buggy right now.

best,
tz

If you set it up to only sync once a day then the updates will usually be at least a day old.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

soulicro

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Posting here instead of leaving a review.
The app doesn't sync all of my friends.

Any help will be appreciated! You can contact me at mrgooch22 [at] gmail.com
Thanks!

soulicro

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
welcome to Android Central.
where does it stop?
are your friends using high res images?
If they are low res to begin with this won't upsize them.

Thanks!

It doesn't stop anywhere specific, its just that some contacts that are on my Facebook account don't show up through Hax. Yes, their photos are high res.

mep321

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I love it. It's working great. Two feature requests:

1. Allow to sync only existing contacts (don't pull all FB contacts, just ones w/ existing google contact matching)

2. Allow to sync only specific friend lists from FB.

Thanks!

UPDATE -- I see the options for 1. Would still love 2!

Last edited:

waldo15

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Installed app and it worked great... now I have a lot of work to do organizing all the extra contacts I got since Haxsync brought in a lot of folks from my FB acc.

Great app and well worth the 99 cents... kudos Mathias!

ad78

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just have it sync once a day.

yes, my settings is sync once a day!

I'm happy with CM9 build 1-2-12. Facebook sync and LTE toggle.

no biggie for the app i paid its only $.99. I'm looking forward if the dev find a way to sync them in big resolution

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the battery drain issues, I think I've fixed that now. But I need testers, as that problem doesn't occur on any of my devices. Can anyone who experiences this problem email me? (my address is available on the android market)

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Great app first and foremost!

Question:
How do I manually sync my phone's contacts to FB's contacts?

I am able to do so on SyncMyPix but the resolution is wack.

Thanks!

ncholer

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This app has used 3.5 GB of data in 3 weeks. Is there a way to set it to only sync over Wifi? Also im having the same battery drain issue alot of others are describing. Need a way to shut off the connection.

dortok

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the "wifi only" option works because it was still downloading on my mobile network. Also, there must be a bug because there is no reason to download so much data. It continuously downloads and never stops. This would go hand in hand with the battery issues.
I would think the app should just cycle through all contacts once, check if the user updated profile recently(if possible), if so, download their details, otherwise do nothing. After cycled through all users, then STOP until the next sync cycle. There may even be an easier way than to cycle through all contacts, but the point is it shouldn't continuously be downloading.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the "wifi only" option works because it was still downloading on my mobile network. Also, there must be a bug because there is no reason to download so much data. It continuously downloads and never stops. This would go hand in hand with the battery issues.
I would think the app should just cycle through all contacts once, check if the user updated profile recently(if possible), if so, download their details, otherwise do nothing. After cycled through all users, then STOP until the next sync cycle. There may even be an easier way than to cycle through all contacts, but the point is it shouldn't continuously be downloading.

Restrict background data for the app. Done.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

I just turn off the syncing. I turn it on once or twice a week to sync on wifi while charging when I'm sleeping. I turn it off in the morning. Does what I need. I don't care about status updates, just the pictures. If you do care about status updates, then yeah, you have to sync it more often.

Jonno

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Battery settings shows Haxsync using a constant 15% of battery. Yesterday I synced Haxsync and I blew through an extended GNex battery in 4.5 hours. The standard GNex battery normally lasts me about 8 hours. I'm guessing the initial sync takes the most battery/processing. Today I will review how long my extended battery lasts throughout my workday.

In the coming days I will also test Stang68's suggestion to turn off sync. Sounds like a good idea since I am mainly needing photos and contact info only.

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
jbr05ki: Do you want to manually join HaxSync-Contacts with phone contacts? If yes, check out this video.

1.5 Alpha was just sent to testers, it features MASSIVE battery/data-savings and user-selectable "fuzziness" when matching FB Contacts with phone ones. (Strong fuzziness could e.g. match "Andy" with "Andrew").

Oh, and I also reworked the wifi-detection routine, "Wifi Only" should be more reliable now.

If all goes well, it should see a release on the market today or tomorrow at latest.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777