New phoner has different settings than it should!?

totallygalactic

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy s10 5g with Android 12. I have removed sim and performed factory reset several times but it always hangs at a setup in progress at the point where it asks which security you want to udse to access the phone and then it says loading data and errors out and asks to close or look at app info.

I hate to send phone back if it is fixable. Has anyone an idea about this. I did select a different security method as well as none and looking online the solutions were to do things I do not have ing the settings.

Thanks for listening.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like something is corrupted and it keeps hitting that corruption during the loading process.

Since you are factory resetting, it's reloading everything from an already in place source in the internal memory. Could very well be that a spot in the internal memory was corrupted and the reloading process can't get past that.

Just a guess, of course.

The only way I can think of to get around that is reloading the OS by flashing while connected to a PC. That usually freshly re-writes the OS to internal memory and should overwrite any such existing corruption.

I haven't done any flashing to my Samsung phones (did plenty on my old BlackBerry phones, but those are different animals), but @mustang7757 could help with that.

He may also have another idea in getting around the problem without flashing

totallygalactic

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
Thank you so much joel.

I kinda figured that may be the case. I have flashed tablets years ago but not a phone. I would try it as it seems less chance of bricking them then they old days I am guessing.

Problem was finding the right version to flash.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much joel.

I kinda figured that may be the case. I have flashed tablets years ago but not a phone. I would try it as it seems less chance of bricking them then they old days I am guessing.

Problem was finding the right version to flash.
Hi welcome to AC!
I'll post this guidelines here just put your model number and CSC code , if any questions let me know