New to Android, problems with Infuse.

1 thumb

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
i have some issues with my phone, and i'm unsure if i should take it back. For one, when i try to load music onto my phone, it didnt play, and then i was unable to locate it in my music player. confused on that one completely. seems like the sd card doesnt get read correctly.

second issue that is annoying, when i try to view youtube, it says, it can't play and to tap to retry, and then it does it over and over again. when i power off and back on it works, but when i try later, it does it again. Is there anything i can do to fix that, or is there an issue with my phone?

i just wanted some input before i went back to the store to exchange it.

thanks. sorry if these have been discussed.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If you load music on your SD card, it should scan it for new media files (media scanner) when you next boot up or when you disconnect from USB. What format are the music files you are using? It has played everythign I've tried that didn't have some kind of DRM lock on it (e.g., DRM-protected zune files, it recognized the format but also reported an expired license and would not play them).

As for youtube... how is your data connection looking? As a test you should be able to also play videos in the web browser, even if they are embedded youtube. They would probably look better in the youtube app, but it can test whether or not you can connect to the video in question.

I have yet to have problems with any youtube video where I had a data connection....

1 thumb

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If you load music on your SD card, it should scan it for new media files (media scanner) when you next boot up or when you disconnect from USB. What format are the music files you are using? It has played everythign I've tried that didn't have some kind of DRM lock on it (e.g., DRM-protected zune files, it recognized the format but also reported an expired license and would not play them).

As for youtube... how is your data connection looking? As a test you should be able to also play videos in the web browser, even if they are embedded youtube. They would probably look better in the youtube app, but it can test whether or not you can connect to the video in question.

I have yet to have problems with any youtube video where I had a data connection....

Well problem number one, when i plug my phone into my PC via USB, nothing happens. No external drives populate. I downloaded the kies(or however its spelled) program, and it then works, but i am unsure where to load the music, as i see no folder that is for 'music'. I did end up just putting in on the card. when i searched, it found but it didnt play. It is an MP3 file.

as for youtube, my data connection is fine. If i can't play in the app i can't play on the web browser. i did try that. if i stay in the same spot, power off and on the phone it then works perfectly. I didn't know if this was an ongoing issue, or just my specific issue.

I think I may go to AT&T and get a replacement, i've searched and came up with nothing, so i'm pretty sure its not 'normal'.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just as a test I would see what happens if I connect it to a different PC, just to rule that out. Also if possible try with a different microUSB-USB cable. Just trying to rule out simple things.

1 thumb

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Just as a test I would see what happens if I connect it to a different PC, just to rule that out. Also if possible try with a different microUSB-USB cable. Just trying to rule out simple things.

Will do that tonight. Thats a good idea.

For the youtube issue, my friend just let me know that since I had juice defender running, that MAY cause the issue, so I disabled that and will see if that helps. I have juice defender on my transformer and have had no issues, but willing to try anything to rule out posibilities.

thanks!

phillyseason22

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way to put music is to sync it from ur windows media player on your PC while the phone is connected. Or another way is create a folder on your phonr and drag all your music in their. Both ways worked for me.

1 thumb

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way to put music is to sync it from ur windows media player on your PC while the phone is connected. Or another way is create a folder on your phonr and drag all your music in their. Both ways worked for me.
the music folder I will try, but to get my pc to read the phone as a drive was a process...do you need to have the samsung software on your phone to view it though the pc?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine was recognized straightaway. The only drivers I ever needed to install were for the root process, but that shouldn't needed for use as a storage device. I'm on win7, dunno if its as simple on earlier versions.

FWIW, does your phone prompt you to activate mass storage on its screen when you connect?

1 thumb

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I too am using win 7..tried ok my gf's laptop (samsung also) and it charged but had same issue as my comp...can't get all drivers. It does prompt and I activate it and still nothing.

I think I'll just go to at&t tomorrow after work...try to get a replacement. I'm just unsure if my contacts will transfer with my apps.

I'm pretty sure my phone just may be defective if no one else has issues with youtube...market also loads very slow and face book as well. I think itr may bee the data connection of some sort.

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
If you want your phone to be recognized as a drive, plug it in to your computer, then on the phone pull down the notification drawer and choose the option for the phone to be used as USB.

neciev

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have problems with it just cutting itself off?? just wondering if i have downloaded something crazy or if it's the phone??