New to Epic - Need a ROM Recommendation

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I am not new to Rooting/ROMS... I have spent all my time with the Moment and Optimus. I just ordered the PHOTON but my wife has the EPIC running straight stock...

In your opinion... what would be the best ROM to help out with battery performance... She is not a heavy user...

thanks

jmiller0519

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been running Syndicate Frozen for a few months now. Battery life has been fantastic in my opinion. I generally have no problem taking my phone off the charger at 8 or 9 am and going until 1 or 2 am on that charge with moderately heavy use. Basic data use like FB twitter, couple regularly updating widgets, a decent amount of texting and a number of phone calls.

I've been having stability issues lately, but I'm 99% positive it's something I did, so when I reflash later I'm probably going to try Bonsai just to try something different. I hear that's great on Battery and stability as well.

Reactions: JPD

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
The newest SRF has been fantastic. I'm running SRF 1.2 with genocide 1.1 kernel, super stable and amazing battery life as stated before. I liked bonsai but the battery life just was there for me. Every phone is different so I suggest you try both out and see which one you like best. If she is not a heavy user she could easily go a day without worrying about charging while running syndicate rom frozen. I've been off the charger for 7 hours now and am around 88% battery.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am not new to Rooting/ROMS... I have spent all my time with the Moment and Optimus. I just ordered the PHOTON but my wife has the EPIC running straight stock...

In your opinion... what would be the best ROM to help out with battery performance... She is not a heavy user...

thanks

Just like the OP, I'm new to teh Epic world as well. Can someone tell me whats a good stock rom?

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the EG22 that was recently leaked and its amazing. Very stable. No known problems besides rotation lag. I recommend the deodexed version with the crt and overscroll glow by paul627g. He did a very good job. They are both very easy to flash too

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1183558

forums.androidcentral.com/epic-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/105969-mod-theme-eg22-gingerbread-stock-theme-w-battery-mod.html#post1128126

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the EG22 that was recently leaked and its amazing. Very stable. No known problems besides rotation lag. I recommend the deodexed version with the crt and overscroll glow by paul627g. He did a very good job. They are both very easy to flash too

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1183558

forums.androidcentral.com/epic-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/105969-mod-theme-eg22-gingerbread-stock-theme-w-battery-mod.html#post1128126

Thanks, but unfortunately I didn't have anything to do with that. I did create the following for the EG22 Leaked Gingerbread.

[MOD][THEME][EG22][GINGERBREAD] Stock Theme with Battery Mod

Thats my only claim to fame :(

My mod base was used in a few other themes/mods that has since been thrown out but that is that is the only theme I actually did myself.

Reactions: btc0526

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but unfortunately I didn't have anything to do with that. I did create the following for the EG22 Leaked Gingerbread.

[MOD][THEME][EG22][GINGERBREAD] Stock Theme with Battery Mod

Thats my only claim to fame :(

My mod base was used in a few other themes/mods that has since been thrown out but that is that is the only theme I actually did myself.

well you helped them by creating the bases for their themes so i still give credit to you, im running yours btw because crt and overscroll glow are alittle annoying to me. Anyways thats my recommendations to everyone :D

RandomKing

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you want to try a Gingerbread Rom, you can try mine that I just posted.

It's beating my old Froyo rom on battery life, amazingly. It's based on EG22, and it has no rotation lag for me. I also managed to combine several usually interchangeable mods:
mkasicks's vibrate&silent mod, necrosan's hotspot mod, maddoggin's 8-lock mod, as well as the crt animation and overscroll glow

I didn't make any of those mods, but I did put a lot of work into making them work together, see the thread for more info.

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie