New update this morning

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
To quote what I said in a VERY recent update thread:
Can we please not have these Threads again? EVERYTIME a new OS is out everytime someone gets an update on their phone they post a thread, rather DO the update THEN AFTER THAT post if it is an OS Update.

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
To quote what I said in a VERY recent update thread:
Can we please not have these Threads again? EVERYTIME a new OS is out everytime someone gets an update on their phone they post a thread, rather DO the update THEN AFTER THAT post if it is an OS Update.
I, for one, appreciate seeing a post about every update. (But not two threads about the same update, as this one is). Even the so called security updates sometimes have other changes/fixes added by the carrier and it is possible for those to cause problems. If these discussions are of no interest to you, then can't you just ignore the threads?

Larry

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I, for one, appreciate seeing a post about every update. (But not two threads about the same update, as this one is). Even the so called security updates sometimes have other changes/fixes added by the carrier and it is possible for those to cause problems. If these discussions are of no interest to you, then can't you just ignore the threads?

Larry
The very problem is that we are going to have multiple posts of the same update, I bet in a few days the will another 'Update?' thread. It happens time and time again.

From a Forum and SEO perspective its also not great, when someone wants to find info on major updates they end up being faced with endless 'Update?' 'Update!' 'New Update' etc... Threads, all about the same update.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Personally I prefer to hear about the updates, even if they are not OS updates. Updates often change some function or fix/cause problems that I'd rather be aware of.

However, it would be helpful if the title of the post mentioned the carrier and date the person noticed the update at least.

That help both to prevent duplicates and with relevance - since each carrier has its own release schedule people could just skip by the update notifications that are not of interest to them.

But even in their current, duplicated, unknown-carrier form I'd rather hear about them than not.

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
With new update seems to run more smoothly, maybe a bit less lag. No noticeable change in battery life. Runs cool under Action 3.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Personally I prefer to hear about the updates, even if they are not OS updates. Updates often change some function or fix/cause problems that I'd rather be aware of.

However, it would be helpful if the title of the post mentioned the carrier and date the person noticed the update at least.

That help both to prevent duplicates and with relevance - since each carrier has its own release schedule people could just skip by the update notifications that are not of interest to them.

But even in their current, duplicated, unknown-carrier form I'd rather hear about them than not.
Nobody says they must not post about updates, so I'm not quite sure your point is? I said CHECK the update after updating then post about it, or we get endless threads about the same update.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a used N4 maybe an hour ago on eBay. A few questions. When I get it should I first do a factory reset then do the update? That way I'll have a fresh OS install? And secondly I forgot how smooth the screen feels and responds. I'm used to the S7E and N7 since Feb. Need some inputs on the feel and response the screen has with the new 6.01update.

StLucia

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I bought my husband a new N4 on Amazon, coming off a N7. Didn't due a fresh OS install. Did Samsung Smart Switch. Then 2 software updates. He's now on 6.01. Very snappy & responds well. So much so, that I purchased one for me too. My N3 is great, but after the N7, I'm spoiled and thought the N4 would be a decent consolation. MM is great on the N4!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Nobody says they must not post about updates, so I'm not quite sure your point is? I said CHECK the update after updating then post about it, or we get endless threads about the same update.

My point was it would be nice to have carrier and date on update post titles, sorry I wasn't clear.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the post as well. Regardless if it's multiple posts. Email the admins if it upsets anyone. Not trying to be rude, just honest.... As far as the update, no noticeable changes. I'll look for the multiple posts to keep me updated....