Nexus 4 Roms

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has flashed skanks mako 4.2 yet...good? I just ordered one and gotta get up to speed on the custom rom scene.

Lol I has no time in my life for flashing right now... come to think of it, both my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 are stock* and it's the longest I can say I've run a device like that in over a year. But I definitely will be flashing some stuff when I have some time. I'm excited to see what both CM and AOKP are doing with the Quick Settings menu, I know they are making all the tiles into toggles and giving more options, should be a huge improvement over stock. Would be nice to have the menu button appear on both sides of the nav bar again too. Other than that though, there isn't a ton I need to see from custom ROMs, at this juncture at least.

*stock except that I unlocked and rooted, of course, needed to load the AOSP browser and get rid of Chrome, oh and to use TiBu to restore all my goodies from the Gnex :)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought skank was the only rom around. It's the only one on rootz. Checking over at xda, there are quite a few. Well not alot but 4 or 5 interesting ones. Life is going to be good on this phone.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought skank was the only rom around. It's the only one on rootz. Checking over at xda, there are quite a few. Well not alot but 4 or 5 interesting ones. Life is going to be good on this phone.

Yeah there's quite a few on xda already. And any Nexus device is pretty sure to receive plenty of dev support :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
OK I totally missed that aokp is available for this phone. That is the first flash mission imma do when the !@#$%# phone gets here. :)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah there's quite a few on xda already. And any Nexus device is pretty sure to receive plenty of dev support :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Add to that, at this for the moment, there's only one version of the phone. That always helps I think, especially from the support side. People won't flash the GSM version of the ROM on their CDMA/LTE Gnex!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Skank aokp kang wit franco test build 8 running mighty fine :)

Screenshot_2012-12-06-19-48-57.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD