Nexus 5 - How can I retrieve text copied to the clipboad?

A

AC Question

I wrote a long email, selected all the text and thought I copied it to the clipboard (the icon in upper right corner after I selected the text). The text disappeared from the email and I haven't been able to recover it simply by selecting "paste". How can I access what is saved on the clipboard? Can I access a history of the past few items saved? Please help. Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I wrote a long email, selected all the text and thought I copied it to the clipboard (the icon in upper right corner after I selected the text). The text disappeared from the email and I haven't been able to recover it simply by selecting "paste".
That means that it's not in the clipboard. You may have accidentally hit the backspace key just before you hit the copy key, and copied the blank text area you had selected.

Can I access a history of the past few items saved?
If you've already installed a clipbboard ap (because then what you copy is saved to the app, not to the clipboard), but not after the fact.

Don't feel bad. I've spent 15 minutes answering a post, only to have the site throw an error and when I back up to the previous page, there's no reply, just the original page. It happens to all of us at one time or another. (And I'm not new at this - I was earning money writing software before IBM came out with the PC - but I'm still human, so I still make mistakes.)

SilkRoad13

May 5, 2015
Visit site
You were writing software before IBM came out with the PC? Wow, I really lucked into a seasoned veteran!
Thanks for your reply and for your kind words to make me feel a bit less frustrated at what happened :)
A follow up question if I may:

Since the 'Clipboard' feature doesn't save multiple saved items, isn't it simply a redundant feature, since the 'Copy' feature does the exact same thing? So why have two icons and name them differently as well, when they do exactly the same thing?