Am I Able to Retrieve My Texts and Photos After Reset?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was locked out of my phone. Then I had to reset my phone. I subsequently lost all of my saved text messages and photos. I have been trying all day to learn how to retrieve this data or if it is even possible. I lost all text messages and all photos. Seemingly, all of the data has been restored, just not the text messages or the photos. Is there anything I can do to restore this lost data? Thank you for your time.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Text lost unless you have a backup app like SMS backup pro... Photos of you used Google photos or something similar that you can login will show pics otherwise also lost

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issue. As bk said, if you weren't using any type of backup service the items are most likely lost. I don't know your model of device but if it has an SD that wasn't encrypted prior SD to resetting the device some of your images and videos may be recoverable through desktop programs like Recuva where you could plug in the SD to card reader. If the SD was encrypted then recovery won't be possible.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave comments please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Google's Backup option is supposed to back up your SMS messages (but not MMS, which would be picture texts). When you set the phone back up again, did you restore it using a previous backup from your Google account?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia