Nexus 6: Marshmallow 6.0 Discussion - Images / OTA

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So, I see the Nexus 6 zipped file is out of the OTA and I will need to use that since I am rooted and have an unlocked bootloader. My question is do I still need the Gapps for 6.0 to flash along with the 6.0 zip file?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Flashed the images as soon as they were out. Initial impressions
1. WiFi reception seems to be improved
2. Performance has been amazing. Everything is snappy, app load, transitions, everything.
3. Doze, not sure yet.
4. Now on tap hasn't yet been useful.

I would say the same, possibly a slight improvement on #3

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
While it's lying on the table. You actually have to pick it up instead of just simple tapping on the screen.

I often find the phone in my breast pocket or pants pocket because I do move around a bit. Pulling it out of the pocket and it automatically being on or even if it is on the desk, a quick flick of the wrist to raise the phone up to eye level is easy and more accurate than the many tap 2 wake features I've used. They usually require several taps over time.

If it's that mandatory flash a kernel with the feature. A kernel is usually 4mb file and is far easier to flash than factory images.

Exactly, I like to quickly tap my phone while it's on my desk to check notifications , need to multi task at work!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Multitasking is a myth

Last edited:

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
One bug I have found so far is that on my Nexus 6, paired with my LG G Watch as a Trusted Device, Bluetooth is the number two culprit behind Screen when using battery.

For example, Bluetooth is at 20% for the day.

Stats are:

• Time on - 15h 53m 57sec
  • CPU Total - 2h 57m 47s
  • Keep awake - 6h 45m 27s
  • Computer power use - 634mAh

Other than that, the Nexus 6 is like a whole new device. The camera FINALLY does not act like it is having a seizure when initializing and taking photos is much faster than before. Even from initializing it from the lockscreen and taking HDR mode.

Just got to get this battery life under control as I had hoped it would be better, and likely will.

aergern

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Post Here When You Get Marshmallow 6.0 OTA

Google seems to be pushing out one last update for Android 5.1.1 for the Nexus 6 devices across the different model numbers (last security or stagefright 2 update perhaps?) and after that it'll be the 6.0 update, don't know about the other carriers but Tmobile is stating by end of week for their Nexus 6 models,fingers crossed!

Posted via the Android Central App

I've installed the 6.0 factory image and both VoLTE & Wifi Calling on TMO work. So if you get antsy ... grab the factory image. The only thing I've had issue with is the beta of SuperSu not playing nice with Power Toggles at first but this app does work. The rest has been really smooth.

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site

I was hoping that those of us with Project Fi N6 devices would be one of the first to get the upgrade. I'm being very impatient.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I was hoping that those of us with Project Fi N6 devices would be one of the first to get the upgrade. I'm being very impatient.
I know the feeling!!!!! I am on at&t and haven't heard nothing. I called at&t asked them and it was like huh..

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm on at&t. I just got the LMY48W security update for 5.1.1 OTA. Guess I don't have to worry with SF 2.0. Wonder how long it'll be until I see 6.0 MRA58K.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm on TMO, got my OTA today, will install tonight if I have time.
Call in sick if u have to work. Send kids out to play whatever it takes ...lol.. So jealous let us know how it please....

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I'm on TMO, got my OTA today, will install tonight if I have time.

I take it you mean the LYZ28M security update not full-blown Marshmallow, MRA58K, right?

It's good to know that these OTAs are actually starting to show up regardless.

Last edited:

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got the ota update on my Nexus 6....seemed to install, but when I check the version number, I am still at 5.1.1 crazy!!!!!

300mag111

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got the ota update on my Nexus 6....seemed to install, but when I check the version number, I am still at 5.1.1 crazy!!!!!

It's not 6.0, it an security update and version stays the same on security Updates.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
It's not 6? But when I looked at the notification, it said software update to 6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharikkhan222143