Nexus 6P - No more signal

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I've been to 5 different countries in the last month and, after landing home in Amsterdam Schiphol, my Nexus 6P said "No signal". No possible to receive phone calls, sms or have 4g connection.

T-mobile substitute my simcard with a new one. The sim card works fine in other phones but my Nexus 6P.

I have cleaned the partition cache and did a factory reset. Still no luck.

The technician said: "It's because you changed to many countries and the Nexus went crazy! We need to change the motherboard!"

I think it shouldn't be a motherboard problem, as it was working fine 10 days ago.

Any other had this problem?

Many thanks,
Chris

Mar 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I've been to 5 different countries in the last month and, after landing home in Amsterdam Schiphol, my Nexus 6P said "No signal". No possible to receive phone calls, sms or have 4g connection.

T-mobile substitute my simcard with a new one. The sim card works fine in other phones but my Nexus 6P.

I have cleaned the partition cache and did a factory reset. Still no luck.

The technician said: "It's because you changed to many countries and the Nexus went crazy! We need to change the motherboard!"

I think it shouldn't be a motherboard problem, as it was working fine 10 days ago.

Any other had this problem?

Many thanks,
Chris

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Duplicate threads merged.

Is there a "Reset Network Settings" option in the system settings?

Also, when you were traveling, did you have to repeatedly swap SIM cards? If so, there's more chance the reader got damaged somehow.

Mar 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I tried all of them (the APNs) and no results.
I have, in the meantime and as a last chance, upgraded (flashed) the rom of Android 9, but still no luck!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I agree that it's unlikely the travel would've somehow damaged the motherboard. When you did the factory reset, did you select the option to automatically restore from your backup? If so, try doing another reset, but this time set it up like a brand new phone.

Mar 26, 2019
Visit site
I've tried just now. We put another sim card from a different carrier in the phone and still... same result... No service, emergency calls only.

I need to say that yesterday, for a couple of seconds, I could get signal, but then it disappeared.

Mar 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I've just tried it, 5 minutes ago, after you told me to do it. Same result. :-(
At work, we start to think that the Dutch government blocked my Huawei mobile after I got married to an American girl. We know it's silly, but the other plausible option is that I dropped my mobile (without remembering it, and I remember that this mobile fall only twice in its life, last time in September 2018) and broke the antenna. As I said, it didn't fall.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've just tried it, 5 minutes ago, after you told me to do it. Same result. :-(
At work, we start to think that the Dutch government blocked my Huawei mobile after I got married to an American girl. We know it's silly, but the other plausible option is that I dropped my mobile (without remembering it, and I remember that this mobile fall only twice in its life, last time in September 2018) and broke the antenna. As I said, it didn't fall.

If you broke the antenna and it didn't fail it's possible that it degraded the output circuitry over time. It could also be the card reader as already stated. At this point you probably need to choose between repair or replace. I would say replace would be the best option.