Nexus 6P - no output from headphone socket..any ideas?

A

AC Question

Nexus 6P - no output from headphone socket....

There's no audio output from the headphone socket when I connect it to a car stereo input jack, and sound still comes out of the phone speakers. Headphones work normally though....
Any ideas anyone?

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. Does it work via Bluetooth? Mine worked with BT, but not via a cable. Google sent me a replacement unit. No problems since.

Nexus 128GBeast

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6P - no output from headphone socket....

Perhaps there's something wrong with the Aux cable that you're using in the car? Have you tried a different device with that same cable?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Well, if I remember correctly there's a different connector mapping for iPhones vs Android devices - sounds to me like you have the wrong cable.

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site

It's a standard 3.5mm jack stereo cable, just like the one on my headphones, which work fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps you should look at your earlier post, then review my statement, then purchase an AUX cable specifically designed for Android devices.
Or just ignore the evidence - your call...

This is a stupid post, and you should refrain from giving advice on this matter.

3.5mm audio port is an industry standard, and has nothing to do with Android or iOS ... You realize that devices not running Android and iOS also have 3.5mm headphone jacks right?

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Not so... I believe the 6P has an extra connection on the 3.5mm Jack for headphone control, same as my S6 had. You'll need to buy an appropriate lead to make it work. Here are.. that's a standard 3.5mm lead on the left and my B&W P7's are the silver and black lead... The S6 phones lead is all white.

Attachments

• 1466424358982.jpg
    1466424358982.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

.... And both IOS and Android use different wiring for their devices ie Apple headphones would not work correctly on an Android device and vice versa.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Not so... I believe the 6P has an extra connection on the 3.5mm Jack for headphone control, same as my S6 had. You'll need to buy an appropriate lead to make it work. Here are.. that's a standard 3.5mm lead on the left and my B&W P7's are the silver and black lead... The S6 phones lead is all white.

Be that as it may, the audio output is a standard. OP isn't complaining about not being able to skip tracks, he said there's no output at all.

The signal and wiring that drives Audio is industry standard

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabsixfamily80