nexus 7 apps missing

johnnie 65

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
okay i was using goo manager to flash a custom rom and everything went good ttill i press flash and then i screwed up i pressed recovery and bootloader the nexus 7 rebooted and now i am still rooted according to root checker but all my downloaded apps rooted or not rooted apps are missing on home screen they are still in the tablet what can i do i dont wanna unroot it ? if you have a suggestion can you please give me as much detail as possible i am pretty new at this i thank you

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
If the app is installed, and all you want is to get the app icon put on your home screen, then just press on the app icon and hold for a few seconds with your finger, the home screem will automatically show up, and when you will release your finger, the app icon will now be on your home screen.

johnnie 65

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
the apps i want on home screen r in google play that little arrow that points down when i touch it my apps are there is there any way to move them to my home screen. or how can i remove em and so i can install em again . by the way i backed up every thing with titanium backup but tats missing from home screen too

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
the apps i want on home screen r in google play that little arrow that points down when i touch it my apps are there is there any way to move them to my home screen. or how can i remove em and so i can install em again . by the way i backed up every thing with titanium backup but tats missing from home screen too

They have to be installed for you to move them to your home screen. From that little arrow on Google Play, you might not realize it but it shows two different columns. One column is "INSTALLED" and the other is "ALL." You press that small arrow in Google Play, and with your finger you can "flick" left and right between the INSTALLED column and the ALL column.

In the ALL column, the apps listed in ALL are not installed unless it says that they are installed. If it says "Free" or "Purchased" then you have to click on the app icon right there and reinstall. The app icon should then show up on your home screen.

If you go to your Home screen, and you press the circle with the six dots in the middle at the bottom, it will bring up all your installed apps. From there, if you hold your finger on any of the apps, it will give you the choice to put on your home screen.

Install

geriatricus

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for this. I had several icons for games disappear. I could see that the apps were still on my Nexus via Settings>Apps, but didn't know how to get them back on the screen. Your technique fixed my problem in about 45 seconds.