Nexus 7 Case - Perfect case for me but I can't find it...

AMR-1

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has see a case like this:
http://nexus-7-case.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/nexus_7_wholesale_banner.jpg

That jpg is the banner of that site, yet when clicking that banner and searching around on that site Nexus 7 Case (which seems just to be a SEO site and fwds to Best Deal of iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, The New iPad Case & Accessories | Groupcow.com) - the case is no where to be found... I checked all the usual places but can't find it.

Just wondering if anyone else has run in to a case like that (thin, light, not leather, stand folds, covers coners without hard plastic doohickys, covers screen).

History:
I have a bunch of TouchPads and got the HP OEM cases that came with them. Originally we all mocked that case because it seemed to be unspectacular and it has minor warping issues, etc...
Well after over a year of use and many drops and major travels with this thing - my TouchPad is unscratched - when I carry it around it is much thinner and lighter than any iPad+case I have ever seen and it doesn't cover up any of the face of the device - a must when you get spoiled with awesome gesture support - it has good enough standing capabilities...
So I started a search for something like the TouchPad case for my Nexus7. I can't find anything but that picture up there...

sfjoshi

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Nexus Buddies!
I had Ordered a Case and a screen Protector for my New Nexus 7. And i am waiting for it. I don't when i am gonna receive it but eagerly waiting. As am a newbie i can't post any images of it. I Ordered Through Sf Planet's Online Store. Try it yourself in Google.
Sku No # GS70356 and
UPC / EAN # 879565703561
It will be amazing for my google nexus 7 i hope.
Thank U :)

AMR-1

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Good find on the vid - he even mentions the TP one i'm tryin to mirror. But at the PlayStore they only have grey. I was interested in the colors and that most likely from a 3rd party - it would be much less than $20. And if it is made out of the same stuff as the Nexus it will be just as slippery - That Nexus7 is one slippery little bugger. If you set it on anything (face up or face down) at any angle at all - it will slide off of what ever it was you set it on - a usually just slow enough so you won't notice till you are far enough away to miss it when gravity takes over on the way to the ground.

AMR-1

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok... Found these things...One of the images linked me to the ASUS site - don't know why I never thought to look there??? They are listed as ASUS Travel Covers. Funny that once I tracked one down, I found them all over the place, SamsClub, CDW, etc... Some places have different colors available, some only have grey.
Here are some part numbers:
90-XB3TOKSL000A0 light blue
90-XB3TOKSL00080 light grey
90-XB3TOKSL00070 dark grey

I'm still worried about the material they are made of and if they are as slippery as the Nexus is but $18 is much more worth the risk than $30...

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of cases that will work for a cover. Ones for Kindle Fire (old) will work so long as the attachment isn't fixed, that is, straps or flexible "grabbies." A Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" case will work well (try before you buy though). The top of the line case is undoubtedly the Dodocase for Nexus. ;)

I have a used Rocketfish My Way case for Kindle Fire, works fine. Many of these, you can retrofit a small hobby store magnet to effect a sleep/wake function. My favorite "transport" case is a Caselogic LNEO-7, which has a pocket that's perfect for inserting a plastic sheet with a magnet attached. I'll have an Amazon review up with DIY instructions in a few days. I like the size and feel of the N7 and don't feel such a compulsion to cover it.

Someone on XDA has a DIY on converting the Asus rubber case with a magnet, but I think it looks like crap. Better if you can hide a magnet in the lining, or glue it into a case with a felt patch over it. Be warned, the sensor works on the front AND the back,so a strong magnet on the cover may sleep the tablet if you fold the cover back!