Nexus 7 Completely Gone

diazed27

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

A month ago, the Nexus was working fine until the battery drained and would not turn on. I left the tablet charging overnight to no success. I tried doing the hard reset holding the power button, the power button + volume down, but it would still not boot up. I opened the tablet to check that the battery cable was not loose like others have posted, but i checked and made sure that it was connected properly, and still would not boot. Bought new OEM battery, installed and charged overnight and still not turning on. I'm using the stock charger and other chargers as well to test.

Is this nexus 7 tablet done for? Thanks for the advise.

diazed27

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
If the USB port of the nexus is the issue, where can I buy the usb port for this device? Is there a way to verify that it is the port?

diazed27

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Update:
I did some research and others also have had the same issue as mine. I ended up buying the nexus 7 dock with the 4 pin connector charge. This did the trick and allowed my nexus 7 to be charged.

The micro usb port still isnt functional, but at least now I can charge it with the dock and can now turn on the tablet and use as normal.