Nexus 7 Poor Battery Life

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Playing games will drain your battery faster than anything else, especially if they are 3D games. If the game is single player, put it into airplane mode while you play to disable WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, etc. Also, turning down the brightness will tremendously help.

I would expect 4 hours of gaming on this device.

To take a screenshot, hold the power button while holding the volume down button. To upload it, you can use an image hosting service like imgur; they have an app that makes it pretty convenient.

rawon87

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
FiO0bDd.png

sebastian rattansen

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same issues as described here with my brand new nexus 7. I finally worked out it was chrome sucking up all the battery. Not WiFi, not the screen..something funky with chrome. now using dolphin and much better battery life.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried to see how hard it is to order a replacement battery??? The device is easy open and the battery looks really easy to replace.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried to see how hard it is to order a replacement battery??? The device is easy open and the battery looks really easy to replace.

See following ref and there are more out there.

http://www.newpower99.com/Google_Nexus_7_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p/google nexus 7.htm

A new battery may not help. People may expect too much cycle time. The N7 is good for 6 hours with moderate use but maybe 4 to 5 when gaming or web surfing.

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop

Longjohn119

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

I considered an iPad when they first came out but as soon as I found out how ridiculously hard Apple made the battery replacement NOTHING else about them could overcome that design flaw, it's an instant Deal Breaker (As is no working USB port).... If I ever designed a high end device where you had to use a heatgun just to change out the most failure prone part of any device I'd be ashamed to show my face in public .... Besides I've never been a big fan of Proprietary Hardware computers where your choice of options are basically limited to One, just like a dictatorship

First thing I did when I got mine was take off the back cover and check the tightness of the screws around the screen since this is a Common Fault as well as check the battery connector (not an issue anymore) And if something does go wrong because of a bad part I'm not the least bit worried about warranty, with Apple I'd be screwed.

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a question about my N7 battery life, cause' I don't know if it's normal.

It's normal that tablet's screen on eats about 75%-85% battery? When I use it just for web browsing or watching a couple of videos on Youtube, the battery drains off about 3 min per 1% (1 hour per 20%) . Is THAT normal? I'm using Franco's Kernel r65, and it's suppose to safe my N7 battery life, while improving performance. Do u think maybe it's a rogue app draining the battery as hell?

skuzzbag

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
The screen should take the most power from the battery. Most people seem to report between 4 to 8 hours of time depending on how heavy the use is. Try installing an application that monitors the use of your tablet better (do a search for comparisons).

I'm running a test at the moment when I immediately switch off the tablet after using it so that I can see a true indication of what is eating the power. Currently the OS is taking about 20% - when I don't switch it off the OS takes 10%. Some of the battery time indicators seem a little odd to me and don't reflect what I've actually been doing. I did notice slightly better battery life after training the battery (again) by draining it to about 2% then fully recharging but it is debatable whether this really does anything with a Li-Ion!