Nexus got really hot and now doesn't seem to turn on at all

Aaron Wee

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

So I left my Nexus 10 plugged in to charge at about 4% while I went out for lunch and came back a few hours. When I left it, it was turned on and functional. After lunch, it had become rather hot and went I tried to turn it on, it displayed a black screen with a fully-charged battery icon.

I tried the following to restore it:
1) Holding the power button on for more than 10 and 30 seconds
2) Holding both the power and volume control buttons on for more than 60 seconds

I tried both of these steps when the tablet was plugged in and not plugged in.

Additionally, I can only see the battery charging screen when it is plugged in. When the device is not plugged in, I can't even see the black charging screen.

I fear I may have fried the battery. Is there any quickfix solution that I may have overlooked?

Thanks in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

So I left my Nexus 10 plugged in to charge at about 4% while I went out for lunch and came back a few hours. When I left it, it was turned on and functional. After lunch, it had become rather hot and went I tried to turn it on, it displayed a black screen with a fully-charged battery icon.

I tried the following to restore it:
1) Holding the power button on for more than 10 and 30 seconds
2) Holding both the power and volume control buttons on for more than 60 seconds

I tried both of these steps when the tablet was plugged in and not plugged in.

Additionally, I can only see the battery charging screen when it is plugged in. When the device is not plugged in, I can't even see the black charging screen.

I fear I may have fried the battery. Is there any quickfix solution that I may have overlooked?

Thanks in advance!

I am inclined to agree about the battery. I'm sorry that I have no suggestions though. Just wanted to chime in my opinion.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.