locked out of google account, can't use phone to verify

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellofello

Apr 28, 2024
Visit site
one day, google randomly decided to log me out of all accounts on my computer. and although i have the password and have turned off 2fa, they still ask me to verify with my phone...
my phone is a rooted galaxy j6 with this lineage os 17.1 custom rom who's download link is now dead. on this phone, i installed [Mod Redacted ]and it's version of gmscore, this is how google was able to connect my account to my phone.
when i try to sign into google on my computer, it asks me to use a google pixel 5 and type in a code to verify. i don't have a pixel, it probably says that because the lineage os build was based on a google pixel 5 then made to work with a galaxy j6. anyways, there is no google notification for verification on my phone so i can't verify. the only other option of verification that google gives me is to get a security code from settings, but when i click on "sign in & security" to get my code, a loading screen appears for a few seconds and i'm sent back to settings.
my question is whether this could be resolved if i disconnected my phone from my google account by uninstalling gmscore so that there's no phone to verify with, and in that scenario i think google will let me log in with just a password. however, i'm afraid of the possibility that this will just make it so i'm locked out of my account on both my phone and my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.