Nexus Pouch?

ComeHere

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I emailed Sena, asking if the pouch would work with the extended battery..They responded back with no :'(
I have to wonder if the person who responded even looked at the size specs the extended battery adds to the phone...it's not much of a thickness addition at all.

I just ordered a Sena as well.

I am not concerned about it fitting over an extended battery but over the current asinine, ridiculous battery cover that i can not get properly closed, so the bottom is not snapped in but "flapping in the wind" ;)

acousticgtarist#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a Sena as well.

I am not concerned about it fitting over an extended battery but over the current asinine, ridiculous battery cover that i can not get properly closed, so the bottom is not snapped in but "flapping in the wind" ;)

Whats the issue with your battery cover? If it seriously wont stay shut, why havent you exchanged?

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a Sena too. FYI I did have a Sena for my BB 8100 Pearl with the Seidio slightly larger battery/door and it fit just fine. That battery was just a tiny bit thicker than stock.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Does it fit when using the extended battery?

Sent from one of the following: Nexus, Bionic, or Xoom using Tapatalk
Above I posted that I once had a BB Pearl phone with a Seidio extended battery. The back battery cover was only slightly thicker than stock. I had a Sena case and it fit that situation fine. The case was pretty supple and thin.

I just got an email from Fortte cases, saying they now have one for the GN. I currently have a Fortte case for my Incredible. It's very nice, and you can customize them wrt colors, etc. That's their big selling point, the choices (mine's textured blue front and tan back). They have a tab that you pull upward to remove the phone. The only negative is that if you hold the case and tip downward it the phone will pour out of it.
EDIT: I checked the Fortte site. They only have pouches with closure over the top, not the thin pocket that I have (with the ribbon tab you pull). Those are fine for some, esp purses. For pocket people they are a little more bulky.
EDIT: The Sena case just shipped.

Last edited:

lakedubvt

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Does it fit when using the extended battery?

Sent from one of the following: Nexus, Bionic, or Xoom using Tapatalk

Got an email saying that my Sena case was shipped yesterday. I also ended up ordering an extended battery while it was 50% off.

So when it gets here I will post some photos with both the standard battery and extended

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

acousticgtarist#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Got an email saying that my Sena case was shipped yesterday. I also ended up ordering an extended battery while it was 50% off.

So when it gets here I will post some photos with both the standard battery and extended

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Got my email as well from Sena today, "should" be here Friday. I'll definitely throw in my 2 cents as well when I get it, maybe post a pic up or 2. What color did you get lakedub?

lakedubvt

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Got my email as well from Sena today, "should" be here Friday. I'll definitely throw in my 2 cents as well when I get it, maybe post a pic up or 2. What color did you get lakedub?

My scheduled delivery is not till Monday, I ordered the case in black

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

acousticgtarist#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Sena UltraSlim pouch came in, and it's really nice! Fit nice and snug, with no problems. Mind you, my Nexus has the extended battery on it, so yes, it will fit with the extended battery just fine. Here are some pics....

IMG_20120120_195839.jpg

IMG_20120120_195806.jpg

IMG_20120120_195936.jpg

IMG_20120120_195926.jpg

IMG_20120120_195853.jpg

acousticgtarist#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
looks like it sticks out a little, was hoping for a little better fit

It really doesn't though. 4th picture down, the phone is in there. I just took the other picture pulling the flap up to show it.
I will say this though, it's extremely easy to hit the power button when sliding it in there. On another forum, everyone is complaining about it as well. I have my screen timeout set to 15 seconds, so I'm not too worried about it.
Also, no cutouts for the speaker...So if you thought it was quiet beforehand when the phone rang, it's only going to get worse!!! lol

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
is it possible to slide the phone in top first. That way the bottom edge is exposed and we have the ability to charge or plug in headphones?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796