NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSmoothOne

Banned
Apr 17, 2023
Visit site
Has Google lost their mind? Shouldn't Pixel owners receive the same rate as YouTube TV subscribers for NFL Sunday Ticket? Especially for those of us who have purchased nothing but Pixel phones.

If you buy a Pixel 8 Pro, you should receive FREE NFL Sunday Ticket.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why should they give free NFL tickets when they release the Pixel 8 pro? does Samsung /One plus/Motorola/Apple do that for their dedicated phone buyers?

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Why would Pixel owners be entitled a discount? You can get the discount by singing up for YouTube TV, just like anyone else Pixel or not.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

TheSmoothOne

Banned
Apr 17, 2023
Visit site
Why should they give free NFL tickets when they release the Pixel 8 pro? does Samsung /One plus/Motorola/Apple do that for their dedicated phone buyers?
Who said anything about FREE NFL TICKETS? If you don't know what NFL SUNDAY TICKET is then this thread doesn't concern you. Maybe you should do a little research?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Who said anything about FREE NFL TICKETS? If you don't know what NFL SUNDAY TICKET is then this thread doesn't concern you. Maybe you should do a little research?
You usually this rude ?

This your screenshot I circled in red
6b0d8941d0988fb13de23c175635634b.jpg

TheSmoothOne

Banned
Apr 17, 2023
Visit site
Why would Pixel owners be entitled a discount? You can get the discount by singing up for YouTube TV, just like anyone else Pixel or not.
#1 It's called boosting sales for the Pixel 8 Pro release.

#2. My 83 inch Sony OLED runs Google TV OS. NFL Sunday Ticket should be FREE on that $6,000 tv.

#3. It's a great way to keep people loyal to Google Pixel phones.

#4. Google isn't going to receive a massive boost to YouTube TV subscribers.

I will maintain my $100 DirecTV satellite bill. Why? Less latency than streaming for LIVE games.

TheSmoothOne

Banned
Apr 17, 2023
Visit site
Then calm down and explain it better
Why don't you look it up before posting in a thread about something you don't understand? Nobody is talking about FREE NFL TICKETS. That is not what I wrote as the main topic.

Nobody was being rude to you. Bla1ze obviously knows what I'm talking about.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why don't you look it up before posting in a thread about something you don't understand? Nobody is talking about FREE NFL TICKETS. That is not what I wrote as the main topic.
All you have to do is explain it better that's all not everyone uses YouTube TV , very simple.

TheSmoothOne

Banned
Apr 17, 2023
Visit site
Ok , have a good night I'm done here
NFL SUNDAY TICKET - Was a subscription service offered by the NFL and DirecTV to watch American football games. This is how you can watch your favorite team(s) if you live outside of that teams area. You had to have a DirecTV satellite dish to purchase NFL Sunday Ticket. AT&T which used to own DirecTV paid the NFL $1.5B for the rights to air these games 2 years ago.

After a decade of the games airing on DirecTV, the NFL gave those rights to Google. I am not sure how much Google paid, but estimates are around $2B. They beat out Apple for the rights to air games.

You can watch the games on YouTube TV for $249. Or you can watch them on YouTube without a subscription to YouTube TV for $349.

If you have a Pixel, you should receive the same price as YouTube TV subscribers. Just because you have been loyal to the Google ecosystem. Lots of companies use this as a perk. As a loyal, 7 year DirecTV customer, I received NFL Sunday Ticket for FREE last year. I also received NBA League Pass at a discounted rate. This is why I am not switching to YouTube TV.

Google can see who has purchased nothing but Pixel phones. Those loyal customers since 2016 should receive a discount on a subscription for NFL SUNDAY TICKET.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
NFL SUNDAY TICKET - Was a subscription service offered by the NFL and DirecTV to watch American football games. This is how you can watch your favorite team(s) if you live outside of that teams area. You had to have a DirecTV satellite dish to purchase NFL Sunday Ticket. AT&T which used to own DirecTV paid the NFL $1.5B for the rights to air these games 2 years ago.

After a decade of the games airing on DirecTV, the NFL gave those rights to Google. I am not sure how much Google paid, but estimates are around $2B. They beat out Apple for the rights to air games.

You can watch the games on YouTube TV for $249. Or you can watch them on YouTube without a subscription to YouTube TV for $349.
I use ESPN plus app for my favorite sports team 9.99 a month maybe take a look at that ?

TheSmoothOne

Banned
Apr 17, 2023
Visit site
I use ESPN plus app for my favorite sports team 9.99 a month maybe take a look at that ?
No thank you. I am very happy with DirecTV and the fact Google received the rights to air games. I was hoping they would beat out Apple. Apple users could watch more than one game at the same time with the DirecTV app. Android users could not.

Why? Because DirecTVs app was always trash to use on your phone or via SmartTV. Google is actually testing their ability to stream the games right now. Something DirecTV never did with their app. I know the service won't have issues every year like DirecTV. There was never any satellite issues with games, just their app.

I have 2 (LCD/OLED) Sony big screen SmartTVs in my living room sitting side by side. One is hooked up to DirecTV and the other is connected via WiFi/ethernet. I can watch 3-4 games at once.

Google is missing an opportunity to bring more people over to the Pixel line and to Sony tvs.

Last edited:

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Google is missing an opportunity to bring more people over to the Pixel line and to Sony tvs.
Nah. The Pixel line is not really a huge seller for Google to begin with (to say nothing about their profit margin on the hardware), then you take into account the different markets (YouTube TV isn't even available outside of the US), the amount of people who are going to make their buying decision based on free NFL Sunday ticket, the amount of people who even care about football and you've reduced the amount of people who would care even further and then you have quite a lower number. I get it, everyone loves free stuff but from a business standpoint this makes zero sense for Google to do.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No thank you. I am very happy with DirecTV and the fact Google received the rights to air games. I was hoping they would beat out Apple. Apple users could watch more than one game at the same time with the DirecTV app. Android users could not.

Why? Because DirecTVs app was always trash to use on your phone or via SmartTV. Google is actually testing their ability to stream the games right now. Something DirecTV never did with their app. I know the service won't have issues every year like DirecTV. There was never any satellite issues with games, just their app.

I have 2 (LCD/OLED) Sony big screen SmartTVs in my living room sitting side by side. One is hooked up to DirecTV and the other is connected via WiFi/ethernet. I can watch 3-4 games at once.

Google is a advertising/software/search engine company so dont think it will hurt them .

Can send feedback though to Google.

TheSmoothOne

Banned
Apr 17, 2023
Visit site
Nah. The Pixel line is not really a huge seller for Google to begin with (to say nothing about their profit margin on the hardware), then you take into account the different markets (YouTube TV isn't even available outside of the US), the amount of people who are going to make their buying decision based on free NFL Sunday ticket, the amount of people who even care about football and you've reduced the amount of people who would care even further and then you have quite a lower number. I get it, everyone loves free stuff but from a business standpoint this makes zero sense for Google to do.
I must disagree. Google isn't paying for ads to run for the Pixel phones throughout the NBA season and playoffs for no reason. Google is an OFFICIAL SPONSOR of the NBA. They have lots of NBA athletes filming commercials for the Pixel phones.

Now Google has moved into the advertising space for the NFL. What do you think they are going to advertise during commercials? Google products.

I have a Master's in Business and a Bachelor's in Communication. I am pretty sure this is the course that companies will take who primary focus is advertising. If you don't think Google doesn't want to compete with Apple in phones, I would disagree once again. Otherwise, they wouldn't have undercut Apple to air NFL SUNDAY TICKET games. Apple was the front runner to air the games. Someone even posted it was a done deal. Now we all know, that was a fallacy.

Nobody mentioned Google providing anything for FREE except for you. I am a pretty outstanding writer. I try to understand how people in this forum cannot fully grasp a DISCOUNT vs FREE. I said if you buy a Pixel 8 Pro for $1K, Google should offer you Sunday Ticket for FREE as a perk.

Last edited:

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect they will offer anything, but wouldn't the smart business move be to offer a perk to people switching to a Pixel phone versus people who have been buying Pixels/Nexuses for a long time.? You want new customers. If someone is on their second or third google phone, they are already a likely customer.

Reactions: swebb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz