NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSmoothOne

Banned
Apr 17, 2023
Visit site
I don't expect they will offer anything, but wouldn't the smart business move be to offer a perk to people switching to a Pixel phone versus people who have been buying Pixels/Nexuses for a long time.? You want new customers. If someone is on their second or third google phone, they are already a likely customer.
They paid $2B for the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket. They can afford to pay for people upgrading to a Pixel 8 Pro. It's not like there will be 300K Pixel 8 Pros sold...😭😭😭. Am I lying though?

I've been considering switching to Apple because of the minor glitches with my Pixel 6 Pro hardware. Like tap to wakeup. That would be Google's loss if I bail. I'm just one person though.

Google gave out FREE Google Home mini's with the Pixel 2 XL or 4 XL I believe. That's how I received my first Google Home mini. I thought they gave out discounted Pixel Buds too at some point after buying a Pixel.

Last edited:

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I think the total market of people that will purchase a Pixel phone, solely because Sunday ticket comes free with it, is very limited. People are very much tied to their phone manufacturers and the ecosystems. I just can't see many Apple and Samsung owners ditching them just because of free SundayTicket.

TheSmoothOne

Banned
Apr 17, 2023
Visit site
I think the total market of people that will purchase a Pixel phone, solely because Sunday ticket comes free with it, is very limited. People are very much tied to their phone manufacturers and the ecosystems. I just can't see many Apple and Samsung owners ditching them just because of free SundayTicket.
Good thing you don't run a business.

According to you, Google just wasted probably a few billion sponsoring the NBA and paying to air NFL games. Although they actively advertise the Pixel with the NBA. For which, nobody on this forum has a clue because they don't watch games.

I think Google knows a TON about advertising. At the end of the day, they HAVE offered perks with purchases of Pixel phones.

Let's do the math. You pay $600-$900 for a Pixel, if not lower with a trade in through your carrier. Then you save yourself $349 on Sunday Ticket if it's FREE or you receive a discount for the service. Its better than spending $949 - $1249 for the phone(s) and Sunday Ticket.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
According to you, Google just wasted probably a few billion sponsoring the NBA and paying to air NFL games. Although they actively advertise the Pixel with the NBA. For which, nobody on this forum has a clue because they don't watch games.
Their NBA sponsorship goes beyond the US. Sunday Ticket on YouTube TV is irrelevant to anyone outside of the US, as I've pointed out to you before. Combine that with the arguably limited reach of the Pixel line, and the amount of Pixel owners who would also be interested in NFL, then you've decreased the audience even further.

If you want to keep arguing with people about how we're all missing something, fine. But clearly Google doesn't think it's such a huge incentive either otherwise they would have already done it. Guess there's still time though.. deal expires 6/6 and I/O is around the corner.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Let's see what their response is
giphy.gif

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Good thing you don't run a business.

I think Google knows a TON about advertising. At the end of the day, they HAVE offered perks with purchases of Pixel phones.

Let's do the math. You pay $600-$900 for a Pixel, if not lower with a trade in through your carrier. Then you save yourself $349 on Sunday Ticket if it's FREE or you receive a discount for the service. Its better than spending $949 - $1249 for the phone(s) and Sunday Ticket.
Going to be polite, because people should be and I respect most everyone's opinions here. You've just joined here and all your posts seem to be in a thread advocating google to start a promo that you obviously want badly. So far, no one else has chimed in supporting your opinion. Does that even register with you?

This thread should be closed as nothing constructive will come out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali