No new features on my phone after updating to Android 10

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
I updated to Android 10 OTA just today, but the only thing that works is the drark mode. All the other new Android 10 features are non existent on my phone. For instance, the settings is not even updated nor does it have a different look. It says the settings app's version is 10. But, I don't see the system option in the settings. I even tried doing a factory data reset, but no luck. I have nova launcher but I disabled that and still no luck. What's going on? What do I have to do to get Android 10's new features on my Samsung A50? Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which new features are you looking for? A given manufacturer won't necessarily implement every single feature that's available on a Pixel phone (but, on the flip side, many manufacturers add additional features of their own that aren't available on Pixels).

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
Which new features are you looking for? A given manufacturer won't necessarily implement every single feature that's available on a Pixel phone (but, on the flip side, many manufacturers add additional features of their own that aren't available on Pixels).

I can't find the gestural navigation options in the settings. It should be under the "system" option, but I don't even see that option in the settings. Also, the settings app has not changed at all. I've seen Android 10 reviews on youtube that sport a different looking settings app. This is on my Samsung A50, not the Pixel phone. BTW, my phone was bought factory unlocked at Bestbuy and added to a Verizon Prepaid account. Thanks.

Last edited:

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. It appears that most of the new Android 10 features are actually there on my phone.

But, I don't see the Settings > Display > Gestures option. But I do see Settings > Display > Navigation Bar and then those gesture options are available there.

I had Nova Launcher Prime installed on my phone and it was causing the Settings > Display > Navigation Bar > Full Screen Gestures > More Options button to be grayed out. But, after I uninstalled Nova Launcher Prime, that button became clickable. Is there a workaround to making Nova Launcher be compatible with Android 10 so that such problems don't come up?

How do I switch to the classic settings options layout, instead of the contextual layout that's currently on my phone? (The one that has the "system" options). Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. It appears that most of the new Android 10 features are actually there on my phone.

But, I don't see the Settings > Display > Gestures option. But I do see Settings > Display > Navigation Bar and then those gesture options are available there.

I had Nova Launcher Prime installed on my phone and it was causing the Settings > Display > Navigation Bar > Full Screen Gestures > More Options button to be grayed out. But, after I uninstalled Nova Launcher Prime, that button became clickable. Is there a workaround to making Nova Launcher work with Android 10?

How do I switch to the classic settings options layout, instead of the contextual layout that's currently on my phone? (The one that has the "system" options). Thanks.
Google new gestures doesn't work with Nova yet just Samsung gestures that's why it's greyed out .

Your welcome enjoy the new update!

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
Google new gestures doesn't work with Nova yet just Samsung gestures that's why it's greyed out .

Your welcome enjoy the new update!

Thanks! :) But can you tell me how to switch to the classic settings layout instead of the contextual settings layout that's currently on my phone?

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean , can you explain little more classic?

On some youtube videos of Android 10, it shows a more compact version of the main settings options screen. And it shows the "system" options there. Currently on my phone, the settings options are shown as cards, and it doesn't have the system option. Here are some pics to show what I mean. How can I get it the way it is in the first pic? Thanks.

This is the layout I want (screenshot from a youtube video):

connections.png

This is the system option that's missing from my phone's settings options:

system.png

This is my current settings options layout:

Screenshot_20200527-234437_Settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok gotcha , you would have to either use a theme from galaxy play store called pixel theme or root and use another Rom.

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
Ok gotcha , you would have to either use a theme from galaxy play store called pixel theme or root and use another Rom.

Thanks. But there are a lot of pixel themes available on google play. I don't see anything exclusively named pixel theme. And would such a launcher be compatible with Android 10? Thanks.

Edit: Oh sorry I didn't check the Galaxy store. I'll check that and report back if I have problems. thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. But there are a lot of pixel themes available on google play. I don't see anything exclusively named pixel theme. And would such a launcher be compatible with Android 10? Thanks.
I would try the free ones , test them out if its the way you like it , Nova or any 3rd party launcher is compatible on andriod 10 just won't have Google gesture working yet on them .
Your welcome!

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
I would try the free ones , test them out if its the way you like it , Nova or any 3rd party launcher is compatible on andriod 10 just won't have Google gesture working yet on them .
Your welcome!

I tried several pixel themes from Galaxy store and Google Play, but none of them show the system option in the settings main screen. Any Idea how to get that to show up? Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried several pixel themes from Galaxy store and Google Play, but none of them show the system option in the settings main screen. Any Idea how to get that to show up? Thanks.
If those pixel themes won't do it, only a custom rom or root and use substraum plug in

Hollex4553

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site
If those pixel themes won't do it, only a custom rom or root and use substraum plug in

Ok. I might install a custom rom or root the phone if they ever figure out how to root the Samsung A50. Currently, it seems like they can't seem to bypass the bootloader being locked, even on factory unlocked A50 phones. But, thanks for your help. :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok. I might install a custom rom or root the phone if they ever figure out how to root the Samsung A50. Currently, it seems like they can't seem to bypass the bootloader being locked, even on factory unlocked A50 phones. But, thanks for your help. :)
You can try XDA forums for more information on that , but I really don't think its worth the hassle, your welcome!