No Roam??

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you know when the Evo 3D is roaming? I can't seem to find out that info anywhere and where I know there are verizon towers nearby (and no Sprint) it still says I have no service... so why doesn't my phone roam and pick up the verizon signal?? Thanks in advance.

WasntEnough

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you've found this but the settings are located: Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile Networks > Roaming. Once there you can set Sprint only or automatic. You can also set it to have your phone notify you when you switch network and begin to roam.

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
OK thanks... It is on automatic, but then how come I still have no service when my co-worker has full service?!

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Try Settings > Software Updates > Update Profile AND Update PRL.

If that doesn't work try this. You will need your MSL that's the service code referenced in step 4. Sprint should give it to you if you tell them you need to reset your phone and do a hands free activation.

Phone Reset Steps
Note: This process only clears out the previous phone number and ownership information; it does not clear everything off of the phone (contacts, photos, applications, etc.).

1. Turn your phone On by pressing the Power button
  2. On the phone dial pad, enter ##72786#
  3. Select Reset
  4. When prompted for Service Code, enter the 6-digit code you received in the Activate your new phone process in My Sprint
  5. Select Done
  6. When you see the message, SCRTN is change to factory default value for DSS, select Done
  7. Your phone will turn off and turn back on and then go through the activation process
  8. When you see the message Your device is now active, press OK

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe