No sound notification for emails

johnhpower

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
I have no problem getting the sound notification when I get a message but for some reason the only thing I get when I get an email is a number on the email icon. I havelooked at all these settings very carefully and thought that I had everything properly designated as far as notifications are concerned but I still am unable to figure out why I am not getting a notification sound in my emails.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

johnhpower

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
I do not understand your response. I asked a question about an issue I cannot resolve. Since you are a well known member maybe you could do me the courtesy of pointing me to a thread where this type of problem has been discussed.

If the question is a serious one not a sarcastic one maybe you should start a separate thread with that question.

johnhpower

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I have a Galaxy s22+ and have had it for over a year. I use the email app that came with the telephone and I have 3 email accounts on it.

I have gone into the settings and looked at the Sound and Vibrations selection, the Notifications section, the Apps section and the Accounts and Backup section. I have activated the allow notifications function and anything else I felt needed to be activated to allow me to hear a sound when a new email came in.

All to no avail. As I said, my email icon will now display the number of messages that have come in but I still get no sound telling me that messages have been received.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So Long press the email app then tap ! >Go to notification tap>notification categories tap then go through each menu by tapping and check if sounds is on ?

johnhpower

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I found an article that made it work. I went into the notification categories and made sure new emails was selected but I didn't tap new emails to make the alert selection as far as sound was concerned. Actually the default appeared to be silent and I had to change that to alert.

It works now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I found an article that made it work. I went into the notification categories and made sure new emails was selected but I didn't tap new emails to make the alert selection as far as sound was concerned. Actually the default appeared to be silent and I had to change that to alert.

It works now.
awesome

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I do not understand your response. I asked a question about an issue I cannot resolve. Since you are a well known member maybe you could do me the courtesy of pointing me to a thread where this type of problem has been discussed.

If the question is a serious one not a sarcastic one maybe you should start a separate thread with that question.
I have, but receiving this one was really annoying hence why I asked here, I didn't think it would be an issue if you pardon the pun.