No Sprint/T-Mobile Preorder

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
NOBODY and soft pulls happen all the time without our consent(talking about anytime it's checked not initially). If no hp is involved they don't look for consent. Even freezing your credit doesn't stop a financial institution you're with from being able to soft pull you.
Exactly... I think you also give the carrier permission to pull your credit when they want to, but not sure on that one. Nobody reads the TOS agreement

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
They aren't lying information is probably being confused. T-Mobile doesn't push leases how Sprint does they are more on the 24 month system called E.I.P. Using their E.I.P installments they are offering 0 down. The person that just paid the taxes did it on 24 month installments and not J.O.D.
https://www.tmonews.com/2020/08/t-mobile-galaxy-note-20-note-20-ultra-pre-order-z-flip-5g-launch/

"Here’s what the pricing for these two Samsung flagships looks like:
•128GB Galaxy Note 20: $0 down and $41.67 per month for 24 months on Equipment Installment Plan, $249.99 down and 18 monthly payments of $31.00 for JUMP! On Demand/Sprint Flex Lease, or $999.99 full retail price
•128GB Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: $0 down and $54.17 per month for 24 months on EIP, $549.99 down and 18 payments of $28.00 each on JOD/Sprint Flex Lease, or $1,299.99 full retail price
•512GB Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: $149.99 down and $54.17 per month for 24 months on EIP, $699.99 down and $26.00 per month for 18 months on JOD/Sprint Flex Lease, or $1,449.99 full retail price"

I know, they are lying too.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
They aren't lying information is probably being confused. T-Mobile doesn't push leases how Sprint does they are more on the 24 month system called E.I.P. Using their E.I.P installments they are offering 0 down. The person that just paid the taxes did it on 24 month installments and not J.O.D.
I dont think that's the case for those of us who are/were in the galaxy forever program. I get that tweet saying it ended but if your credit is good they still offer the note 20 ultra without a down-payment. I just checked on my husbands account, his note 10+ is only 8 months old so i would only need to pay the 4 months to get to the 12 months and trade in and for the upgrade to the N20 ultra there is no down payment. His credit is very good. On my account, they want a deposit for the 18 month flex lease. My credit is decent but not nearly as good as his because I recently opened a couple of cards which look bad on your credit. It has nothing to do with payments, I have multiple lines on my account, have been a customer for over 15 years, use auto pay and have never missed a payment.

That's why I just paid the phone off and went direct to Samsung. Much better deal anyway. I got the N20 Ultra 512 GB for $871 before taxes with my N10+ trade in plus another 10% back from ebates/Rakuten and the $200 preorder credit. The main reason i went this route is the samsung financing. $24 a month for 40 months, no interest and a guaranteed buy back of $725 for the next 20 months.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I fell they are just screwing the JOD customers bc they want everyone off the program. JOD used to be awesome...but that was to get people to switch to them from other carriers who locked you into a 2 year contract like Verizon. I left Verizon and have been with T Mobile for 8 years now. My credit is well.over 800 and I still have to pay a down payment of 550...so I think I will probably pass in Note Ultra this year. Down payments are getting way out of hand this year's. I usually upgrade every 6 months from S line to Note as they come out...but not this year. Still have my Note 10 plus

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Thought about paying off my 10plus and going through Samsung to finance new phone...that would cost me 410 to pay off EIP and then pre order through Samsung and upgrade yearly. Not that huge leap in phones every 6 months now where I feel JOD is a good value. Used to be able to go in and pay taxes only and get a new phone...now they screw you for all they can if you want to upgrade early.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Thought about paying off my 10plus and going through Samsung to finance new phone...that would cost me 410 to pay off EIP and then pre order through Samsung and upgrade yearly. Not that huge leap in phones every 6 months now where I feel JOD is a good value. Used to be able to go in and pay taxes only and get a new phone...now they screw you for all they can if you want to upgrade early.

Which Samsung program lets you trade-in to upgrade every year and pre-order? From what I was told (and read) you have to wait til sometime after the phone is released. You can't pre-order on that program.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Which Samsung program lets you trade-in to upgrade every year and pre-order? From what I was told (and read) you have to wait til sometime after the phone is released. You can't pre-order on that program.
They switched their trade in program. You have to use samsung financing to do it first. They give you 50% buyback off the original retail price before discounts as long as you trade it in within 20 months. For example The Note 20 Ultra 512 GB is guaranteed $725. You can get that at anytime. Its sent as a bill credit and you can do it at anytime you want.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
They switched their trade in program. You have to use samsung financing to do it first. They give you 50% buyback off the original retail price before discounts as long as you trade it in within 20 months. For example The Note 20 Ultra 512 GB is guaranteed $725. You can get that at anytime. Its sent as a bill credit and you can do it at anytime you want.

Thanks for that. So you pay monthly (no down payment) and can just give the phone back after say 12 months, and put 50% of its value toward a new device?

Edit: Something is not right here. First it only allowed me to view a standard Note20 pre-order page. Had to jump through hoops to get to the Note20 Ultra pre-order page, and the financing looks to be for a $999.99 phone, i.e. not the Note20 Ultra (maybe the standard), but you can clearly see from the options above it that I'm selecting a Note20 Ultra.

samsung.jpg

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that. So you pay monthly (no down payment) and can just give the phone back after say 12 months, and put 50% of its value toward a new device?

Edit: Something is not right here. First it only allowed me to view a standard Note20 pre-order page. Had to jump through hoops to get to the Note20 Ultra pre-order page, and the financing looks to be for a $999.99 phone, i.e. not the Note20 Ultra (maybe the standard), but you can clearly see from the options above it that I'm selecting a Note20 Ultra.

View attachment 323454

OK, just noticed that the financing and buy-back amounts change when I select Unlocked instead of the T-Mobile version. $650 guaranteed buyback if I select Unlocked, but just $500 if I select a carrier version. I wonder why that is...

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
OK, just noticed that the financing and buy-back amounts change when I select Unlocked instead of the T-Mobile version. $650 guaranteed buyback if I select Unlocked, but just $500 if I select a carrier version. I wonder why that is...
The buybacks differ on the financing option you choose. You either get the max $650 buy back and use your own payment or credit card or u can opt for the samsung financing and guaranteed 50% buy back within 20 months but the buy back of your old device is max $500. For me I'd rather take the $500 and get the guaranteed $720 credit along with low monthly 0% interests payments.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene