Not there yet :/

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Got the Transformer mainly as a kid entertainment (and Daddy entertainment at night on the couch) and I am still not a huge fan of Android tabs.

Kids had problems with FC on many apps. Their little sticky kid fingers had a hard time on the drawings. I have a 2, 4, and 6 year old. My 6 year old does like angry birds, and it worked well, but it was not quick enough with the drawing games and shape games to keep them entertained long.

We have a 21 hour flight and were hoping this would be an option. I think I will just get a new phone and let the littles use my old Incredible. It seems to keep them engaged longer.

For me, internet surfing was still not quite enough to be used full time. Better than the Incredible because of size but even little things like paging thru home screens had a little lag. For dual core, I wanted screaming.

I think I will wait till the Toshiba comes out and maybe give it a try.

flipdippy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Got the Transformer mainly as a kid entertainment (and Daddy entertainment at night on the couch) and I am still not a huge fan of Android tabs.

Kids had problems with FC on many apps. Their little sticky kid fingers had a hard time on the drawings. I have a 2, 4, and 6 year old. My 6 year old does like angry birds, and it worked well, but it was not quick enough with the drawing games and shape games to keep them entertained long.

We have a 21 hour flight and were hoping this would be an option. I think I will just get a new phone and let the littles use my old Incredible. It seems to keep them engaged longer.

For me, internet surfing was still not quite enough to be used full time. Better than the Incredible because of size but even little things like paging thru home screens had a little lag. For dual core, I wanted screaming.

+1

I agree with all of the above, and that's why I regretfully returned mine. Got knocked quite a bit for my opinion too.

I have a hunch the amazon tablet will be the first to really get the android tablet experience done right.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a hunch the amazon tablet will be the first to really get the android tablet experience done right.

I think you'll be disappointed with all of them until ics comes out. Don't expect any of the HC tablets to perform very differently.

-Suntan

flipdippy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I think you'll be disappointed with all of them until ics comes out. Don't expect any of the HC tablets to perform very differently.

-Suntan

I don't expect Amazon will be too different, but it will have deep integration with the Amazon services I consume often: streaming video (amazon prime), movie/tv rentals, music integration (amazon mp3) where I've already uploaded my entire music library, kindle (already available, but expect a different and deeper integration), app store integration (i find amazon's app store on a par or even better than google's), plus whatever else amazon has up its sleeves.

with the EC2, who knows what surprises lurk out there to fill the gaps in the honeycomb tablet experience.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I agess that amazon has a great services but they are all avilable via an apk or amazon market install. I would pick youbfavorite hardware and then just make the software be what you want.

But hopefully they come out with something good.

SquintySteam

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site

I think there are going to be many people that have the same experience you did. However I have a Galaxy Tab (7"), Xoom, Transformer and iPad. My 2 and 4 year old grand kids spend way more time using the Android devices. Generally the only time we pick up the iPad is to watch Netflix when we're trying to put them down for a nap.

For me, Honeycomb is Netflix and HBO Go away from being perfect.

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I can't believe these poor reviews. I love my Transformer! Web surfing is excellent and really have not had any issues with apps although I mostly use it for web surfing. A little lag when I run some flash but I keep the plug-ins setting set to "on demand" so I can choose which flash I was to display or not. Even if there was more power then I ever needed I would use this setting as I don't always want to see the Flash. Frankly I don't see the high requirement for special apps on a tab. Sure on a phone you have a small screen and so it's much better to have an app then try to browse the web for something but on the tab I would rather just use the web. I just think the claims about not having enough apps is stupid.

I will admit I am rooted and running overclocked but was not unhappy before overclocking...

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree on a screen this size I prefer the browser formthinhs like Craigslist, Amazon, nyt, eBay, android central, xda, etc and not an app. But if there wereapps that really used the touch interface or even HTML5 sites based on touch, I wouldbe even happier. For now, I am very pleased and its only going to get better.

The ipad had crap app selection for almost a year too, we are just playing catch up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk