Note 3 / Galaxy S5 dilemma

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 3 / s5 dilemma

I do have it on a Ram mount. That's the problem every time something new comes out I get the urge.

That's gonna always be an issue every few months something new and "better" comes out. Unless your really into taking picture or fitness I don't see any reason to trade the note 3 for an s5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

On March 31st I traded my Iphone 5S in to Best Buy for the Note 3. They said I have 14 days to return it under my Verizon contract. I love the Note 3 and like Android better than IOS. Now tomorrow the Galaxy S5 is being released. The main feature I like from what I've read about the S5 is that it is water resistant, up to the same depth as if it was in a waterproof case. Seidio is coming out with their Obex waterproof case for the Note 3, which I would purchase, though it seems delayed. I use my phone as a GPS and for satellite radio on my motorcycle so waterproof is important to me. My dilemma is do I return the Note 3 for the S5 or do I stick with the Note 3 and wait for the Obex case?

I'd go with the S5: faster, much more beautiful version of Touchwiz, drastically better camera and a screen that's pretty big as well.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

My sister got the S5 yesterday and I really got a chance to "check it out". I've come to the conclusion that I LIKE the S5, but LUV my Note3. Both are GREAT devices, but the Note3 just gives ME that WOW feature that I want in my device of choice. You really can't go wrong with either device.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Everyone I know that has a Note 3 loves it but all agree that the size is a bit obscene. I mess around with one once in a while when visiting a store that has one on display and I still could not bring myself to using one. And I chuckle every time I see someone talking on one. It just looks ridiculous, especially my coworker who has one in an Otterbox Defender case.

I find it far less dorky to talk on my N3 when it's wearing the S-view cover :))

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

If you do not absolutely need the biggest screen + stylus S5 wins hands down.

How does it "Win" hands down? The Cpu is a Minor and i mean MINOR upgrade to a 2.5ghz quadcore cpu and the same GPU . The Note 3 has 3GB of Ram compared to 2GB on the s5 .... For all intent and purpose the note 3 is the better specced phone out of the 2. Unless you want the smaller screen the note 3 is the better phone

Yeah the pixel density is better on the s5 but thats only because it is a smaller device

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

How does it "Win" hands down? The Cpu is a Minor and i mean MINOR upgrade to a 2.5ghz quadcore cpu and the same GPU . The Note 3 has 3GB of Ram compared to 2GB on the s5 .... For all intent and purpose the note 3 is the better specced phone out of the 2. Unless you want the smaller screen the note 3 is the better phone

Yeah the pixel density is better on the s5 but thats only because it is a smaller device

This^^^

stepshows

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

I had the Note 3 for four months and while I loved the phone and the fact that it actually fits in my back pocket, the size was a tad large for single-handed use. I'm always having to use my phone while walking and carrying a laptop at work. I am much happier with my new S5. Much less thumb-stretching. :)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I had the Note 3 for four months and while I loved the phone and the fact that it actually fits in my back pocket, the size was a tad large for single-handed use. I'm always having to use my phone while walking and carrying a laptop at work. I am much happier with my new S5. Much less thumb-stretching. :)

Yea that's why I considered the s5 but decided the specs were better overall and bigger screen was a priority along with a monster of a battery (72% after 8 hours off charge which is the most I have gotten with a phone)

Sent from my SM-N900T

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

So I went to Best Buy and checked out the S5 and made the switch from the Note 3. So far I really like the S5. Hopefully nothing new comes out for a while. On a side note when I got to Best Buy there was a line of about 5 people waiting to purchase the S5. A sales person told me to go to the return counter since I was returning the Note 3 within 14 days. I returned it, the return clerk went to mobile and got me the S5, popped my sim card in and I was up and running in about 10 minutes!

Man you are Lucky.
I was at the Best Buy store and stood in line as the 1st person 20 minutes early while other folks sit in their car.
Somebody tried to get around me going in the door. I football blocked them. Said I was 1st in line
Went to the phone dept and they only had 3 Samsung S5 phones for sale.
All the other ones was for preorders.
If I had to of taken a phone and returned it. I wouldn't of gotten a phone.
Looks like when they have a release date on the phones. They could at least have more of them.
I really like the phone.
And there wasn't a line like there was for the iPhones

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Man you are Lucky.
I was at the Best Buy store and stood in line as the 1st person 20 minutes early while other folks sit in their car.
Somebody tried to get around me going in the door. I football blocked them. Said I was 1st in line
Went to the phone dept and they only had 3 Samsung S5 phones for sale.
All the other ones was for preorders.
If I had to of taken a phone and returned it. I wouldn't of gotten a phone.
Looks like when they have a release date on the phones. They could at least have more of them.
I really like the phone.
And there wasn't a line like there was for the iPhones

Weird, there are thousands of them lying around here in Switzerland. Some retailers discounted them before they even hit the shelves - seem like they're not going to break another pre-order record this year.

Same goes for the M8, btw. They're piling up in the stores and interest seems to be very low.

david malcolm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Cheers eclipse I'm due a upgrade and on the o2 website it says it has I will just have to consider getting the LG flex or the HTC max

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Cheers eclipse I'm due a upgrade and on the o2 website it says it has I will just have to consider getting the LG flex or the HTC max

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

You could always check into it. The Note 3 variant I'm talking about is in the USA and we don't have it. I've never heard of O2 so its possible it may offer a radio.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards