Note 4 ... SD Card ... what to choose

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
As of now the 64 Samsung pro micro sd cards are $44.95 --> http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Elect...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3985676

Posted via Android Central App

I actually ended up buying one of these yesterday. I had ordered that Transcend card but failed to realize it wasn't a MicroSD and was a full sized SD. :(!!! It was categorized on Amazon as MicroSD, but I really should have looked at the pictures more carefully...

ANYWAY!!! The Samsung Pro 64GB arrives today and I can't wait to put it in my phone... it's definitely going to come in handy on my flight to/from Japan next month. Movies, ya'll.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So yesterday I had to get a RMA from Sandisk to return a red/grey Ultra 64 GB for replacement for the SECOND time. Each time I had put about 40 gigabytes of data on the SD card when it quit reading and writing. First time in my Note 2 it would not write or read or format or erase the data on the card. Snapped it in two and sent it back, recieved the replacement 2 weeks later. All was fine untill I took the card out of my Note 2 with about 40 gigabytes of data on it put it in my new Note 4 and it mounted and unmounted continuously. Formatted the card and it appeared to work fine. Loaded it up with 40 gigabytes of music, videos and books and it began mounting and unmounting again. We will see in two weeks when I get the replacement. 9 years from now when the warranty runs out hopefully Sandisk will have figured it out.

BigCrimsonTX

May 15, 2014
Visit site
So yesterday I had to get a RMA from Sandisk to return a red/grey Ultra 64 GB for replacement for the SECOND time. Each time I had put about 40 gigabytes of data on the SD card when it quit reading and writing. First time in my Note 2 it would not write or read or format or erase the data on the card. Snapped it in two and sent it back, recieved the replacement 2 weeks later. All was fine untill I took the card out of my Note 2 with about 40 gigabytes of data on it put it in my new Note 4 and it mounted and unmounted continuously. Formatted the card and it appeared to work fine. Loaded it up with 40 gigabytes of music, videos and books and it began mounting and unmounting again. We will see in two weeks when I get the replacement. 9 years from now when the warranty runs out hopefully Sandisk will have figured it out.

I'm having this issue with my PNY 64 gig card. What's the fix anyone?

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have already preordered my Note 4 (I wouldn't give up my Note 3 but hubby needed a new phone so he is taking my note 3 and I am getting his upgrade Note 4 hehehe). However, I am so confused on the SD card situation. I know they support up to a 128 MB on the sd card but I want to get a good one. Some say only get the Sandisk branch. A Besy Buy employee said the Pny branch is very good and that is all he uses. While I was buy one I want to get the max as a just in case while I was spending the money but heard good and bad about that. Someone on here said the write speed of the Note 4 is only 30 gb so no need to buy a better card because it cant keep up with it anyway. See confused I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need some good information to help me out as I have seen some really good deals esp on Best Buy on a 64 gb extreme Sandisk for like $54.99. But then the Pny 128 gb I have seen for 60 some bucks. Decisions decisions HELP!!!!!!!!!!
You get better deals on Amazon. You can get an SD card for half the price.

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

kchtwd09

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
definitely watch who you buy sd cards from on ebay. my husband has bought a couple bad ones on ebay they would say 64gb but it quit working after he would get to the 29gb mark which meant it was not a true 64gb its a fake. he just recently bought the samsung evo 64gb and is loving it. the sandisk sd cards are good too but they are the worst about being fake.

bokehsan

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with half a brain should realize that $15 for a 64GB SanDisk Ultra on ebay definitely isn't legitimate. Buy from reputable sources.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a 32gig Sony Micro Card thats never been opened so I threw it in been working fine. Thing I haven't figured out is how to transfer the photos in my gallery to the card.

Posted via the Android Central App

upssnowman

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Transcend good
Samsung good
sandisk really poor some like em they suck
Get a class 10 you may use it in something faster and better down the line

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
2 questions......... 1) What is the difference between the Samsung Pro and the Samsung EVO Micro SD card? 2) Is one better than than the other? Best buy has a sale going on on these SD cards and I have a $15 coupon to use. 32 gig pro is on sale for 26 bucks and the 64 gig pro is on sale for 80.

louee6

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys just curious, I currently have a 32gb SD card in my Note 4 and today my 64gb SD card came in the mail. What's the best way of transferring all my materials over?!? Should I just copy everything over or just drag folder by folder?!?

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys just curious, I currently have a 32gb SD card in my Note 4 and today my 64gb SD card came in the mail. What's the best way of transferring all my materials over?!? Should I just copy everything over or just drag folder by folder?!?

What phone did u have Before ?
If you had the Note 3 or S5 then you can Transfrer all to deskto & but it ALL together on new card
cos it has a USB 3.0

but if you have a USB 2.0 like in the new Noite 4
then you better do it 1 by1
One folder at a time cos its real slow

Cant imagine what about the people who have to do 64gb to 128gb
that will take for ever

Zeriff

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Make or research about the SD card information it will help and please if you are confused or are you confused to buy a 128MB make your money full so you will not ran out like if you bought the SD card to your home then it is expired you will better need the answer to the manufacturer or ask why....

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
2 questions......... 1) What is the difference between the Samsung Pro and the Samsung EVO Micro SD card? 2) Is one better than than the other? Best buy has a sale going on on these SD cards and I have a $15 coupon to use. 32 gig pro is on sale for 26 bucks and the 64 gig pro is on sale for 80.
Can anyone help out here???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder