Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Aggravated with iOS /Android back and forth

Interesting. .. My sister has never complained about the stuff I send to her iPhone so I didn't know until recently, it was an issue.
I want someone to be able to send me something using the simple sharing. I want to see what it looks like.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I want someone to be able to send me something using the simple sharing. I want to see what it looks like.

Just send something to your girlfriend and ask her to let you check yourself, I did the same sending something to my daughter's phone. Full resolution pictures, it's up to 1gb file, so it should show basically anything.

Nuttz565

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm similar to you as I'm mainly a iPhone user but every year when the Note would come out I would jump ship and rock a Note for at least a month or so before returning to my iPhone. This year however I have not been able to do it, most of the main reasons I would justify switching for the Note they got rid of- Removable battery, SD card and no IR sensor. The screen looks fantastic and so does the camera but my 6s Plus will do fine until next year.
I'm very curious to see if the Note will add a sd card next year as it seems most new Android phones have them this year-V10,G4,Turbo 2, M9. There was a while were Samsung was one of the only ones who had them, I just hope they stick to their roots and quit trying to do the Apple route

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm similar to you as I'm mainly a iPhone user but every year when the Note would come out I would jump ship and rock a Note for at least a month or so before returning to my iPhone. This year however I have not been able to do it, most of the main reasons I would justify switching for the Note they got rid of- Removable battery, SD card and no IR sensor. The screen looks fantastic and so does the camera but my 6s Plus will do fine until next year.
I'm very curious to see if the Note will add a sd card next year as it seems most new Android phones have them this year-V10,G4,Turbo 2, M9. There was a while were Samsung was one of the only ones who had them, I just hope they stick to their roots and quit trying to do the Apple route

Other Androids are going the route of a sealed battery and no SD card, that isn't just an Apple thing.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I hope that Samsung never goes back to SD cards and removable battery. I would like a bigger battery and more storage though. I would love to see a 3500 mah battery and 128GB option. I also find it interesting that you like your iPhone and you say it will do just fine for a year with a concealed battery and no SD card, but the lack of those two options on the Note 5 are unacceptable to the point that you won't try the Note 5. And you aren't the only one that has made that comment.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Bought my first iPhone (6 Plus) several months ago. And have grown disappointed. With the lack of good text swiping implementation and its puny memory which sometimes makes my keyboard disappear and my google traffic map to go blank. Too many apps open I guess. Not to mention Safari is just bad IMO. It's slow, doesn't play well with Amazon and will not let you edit or see full, long URLs. Each new iOS breaks alternative browsers. And I want my temperature on the notification bar! It's sounds silly but it's not. And some widgets I really miss. I think it's time for me to go back home. Sell this baby, eat some loss at get the 5 along with a recharge pad. Because I know with all that I don't like with the Plus the battery has been stellar.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Bought my first iPhone (6 Plus) several months ago. And have grown disappointed. With the lack of good text swiping implementation and its puny memory which sometimes makes my keyboard disappear and my google traffic map to go blank. Too many apps open I guess. Not to mention Safari is just bad IMO. It's slow, doesn't play well with Amazon and will not let you edit or see full, long URLs. Each new iOS breaks alternative browsers. And I want my temperature on the notification bar! It's sounds silly but it's not. And some widgets I really miss. I think it's time for me to go back home. Sell this baby, eat some loss at get the 5 along with a recharge pad. Because I know with all that I don't like with the Plus the battery has been stellar.
I will agree that third party keyboards are not implemented well on iOS. I haven't had any issues with Safari, however. It has always been solid for me. And I haven't had any issues with memory management either. I will also agree that the battery life on the 6 Plus is stellar. But, I can certainly understand why you would want to go back to Android. It's a nice place to be. So are you picking up a Note 5?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I've always had a removable battery and SD card and didn't think I would be ok without it, but I have been.

Now one thing interesting I read about, Samsung is working with MIT on a lifetime battery, one that will never have to be replaced. Now that will be nice.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

I don't quite get this post. You say you get the Note every year and last a month and then back to the iPhone. So what's the difference this year between the others? You will return it regardless right? Then go back to the iPhone that has a sealed battery and no upgradeable storage. Same thing

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Oh wait.. I missed something.. I've had SD cards since Nokia days, Samsung wasn't the only OEM with SD cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796