Note 8: Only the people in my contacts show up in my voicemail inbox.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently had a system update on my Galaxy Note 8, and now only people in my contacts go to my voicemail app inbox where you can see a list of who has called, the date, the time, etc. For unknown numbers, i get a little voicemail symbol at the top of my phone and have to dial 1 and enter my passcode to listen to their message. This is very inconvenient since this is a business phone and i need to get this corrected to prevent missing calls from valued customers.

LisaRae611

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
I get so tired of all the system updates. I wish they would just leave things alone. If i wanted the latest and the greatest i would go upgrade my phone. It seems i always have to work out a bunch of these bugs afterward and it's really annoying. As if the system updates fix past problems and then create new problems simultaneously. Another problem i'm having is that the symbol for "voicemail pending" stays at the top of my home screen indefinately (even after i've listened to my new voicemail and either saved or discard) until i go into my apps and force stop. All of it is so ridiculous. I know somebody out there can help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I get so tired of all the system updates. I wish they would just leave things alone. If i wanted the latest and the greatest i would go upgrade my phone. It seems i always have to work out a bunch of these bugs afterward and it's really annoying. As if the system updates fix past problems and then create new problems simultaneously. Another problem i'm having is that the symbol for "voicemail pending" stays at the top of my home screen indefinately (even after i've listened to my new voicemail and either saved or discard) until i go into my apps and force stop. All of it is so ridiculous. I know somebody out there can help.
We are here to help ,so relax ..some of us are online and some not .

LisaRae611

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
I'm not prepared to do that. I have everything so customized that i don't have the time to go through and put everything back in place when the problem has been resolved. There is no other option?

LisaRae611

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
B.Diddy: Yes, this is the voicemail app that came with my phone. I've never had any problem with it until just recently when there was yet another system update. To answer your question: Contacts, Location, Microphone, Phone, SMS and Storage are all turned on.

LisaRae611

Sep 6, 2019
Visit site
Mustang7757: I just reset my settings as you suggested. My phone restarted and 30 seconds later the voicemail symbol reappeared despite and when tap to call my voicemail there are no new voicemail messages. So i don't think it's been resolved.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang7757: I just reset my settings as you suggested. My phone restarted and 30 seconds later the voicemail symbol reappeared despite and when tap to call my voicemail there are no new voicemail messages. So i don't think it's been resolved.
Ok ,we have more steps ...do you have a visual voice mail on the phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgrochowski