Note 8 Phone very slow on router but not other wifi - router speed is fine

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I have a very weird thing happening. There are 2 Note 8 phones I have. One works fine on the router extended network. The other works fine on the extended network but the router is getting super slow speed (2-3 mbps compared to 150 mpbs that everything else on the router is getting). It seems to happen only when the phone is connected to the router's wifi, but the extender wifi (which is extending the router under a different SSID) connects fine. Resetting the Note 8 network settings, clearing the cache, and setting a static IP for the Note 8 did not work. I also checked the router to make sure there were no overlapping IPs, blocks, firewalls, etc. A factory reset of the router didn't work, a DHCP disable and DHCP lease time reduction (to 120 seconds) didn't work. I really don't want to do a factory reset on the Note 8, especially since it seems to have an issue with only the router and no other router/wifi. The other Note 8 works fine on everything.
Router is a Asus RT-N66U. Everything else works fine on it.

Any suggestions?

Jory note 8

Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me, looked everywhere on the net, tried all the things and nothing seemed to work. i was just about to fork out the money to get a new one when i thought to try turning off the samsung cloud sync and now its working as it used to. i hope this helps other users that are having the same problem. such a simple solution for such a headache of a thing

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for your solution! But was your phone working more slowly on all wi-fi networks, or only on your home network, as was the OP's case?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharikkhan222143