Note 9 call screen no longer popping up and contact detail is gone from call screen.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So a couple days ago my Note 9 suddenly started doing something really wierd. When I get a call, the phone doesn't do anything but play the ringtone and show me a notification in the bar. I have drag the bar down, select the notification, and then click answer. I also noticed it's no longer showing the contact info, just the raw number with no formatting (ie 12345678980 instead of (123) 456-7890 like it normally would when reading from the contacts list. Here are some things I've noticed and tried :

1 : Bluetooth headset is still able to access my contacts and will tell me correctly who is calling even though the phone doesnt.
2 : Happens with or without the bluetooth headset connected.
3 : I've power cycled and done a simulated battery pull - no effect.
4 : I've checked my contacts app and list - everything seems to be fine there (though I am missing a contact that I don't recall deleting, and I noticed that when this first started - there may be others missing too)
5 : When I go into app settings and select the 3 dot menu to show system apps, it shows 3 identical looking phone apps. Each one has some different settings in it, but going through them, the phone is still set to "urgent" on incoming calls - and supposed to be sounding the alert and popping up full screen.

So I'm at my wits end. I can post screenshots if it will help.