Notifications not showing on always on Lock screen

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
For some reason my notifications (texts/gmail) are not showing on the lock screen even though I have them selected to do so. It shows an icon but no preview of the message. It's like the notifications do not wake up the device. I even have these apps set to be priority notifications.

I figured when I got a notification, the normal screen would turn on so I could see the notification.

I also have had a bug where I could trigger and talk to Google but the app never popped up...it was weird.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
when i get a hangout notification, it does not wake the phone from lockscreen either. regular text does wake up the phone which is strange.

of course, when i have AOD, i only see the notification icon and it does not wake up the phone which i believe is normal.

i started a thread 'hangout notification does not wake screen' a couple of days ago, but did not get a reply from anyone.

at least i am glad to know you and i have the same issue

z0ove

Oct 28, 2017
Visit site
I use Textra and works perfect. I tried hangout long time ago and i got too much lag with it, so i stopped using it.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Android doesn't wake up with incoming notifications, but allows an app control if it will wake it up or not. For example, some apps like the default SMS apps are set to wake it up. However some SMS apps have a toggle for it. One way to make it always wake up is to use an app that controls notifications like Lightflow, or it can be done using Tasker.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
i set hangout as priority and on lock screen = show content, under notification tap. still it does not wake the screen which i find very odd.

i can't think of any other places i need to set. with my other oneplus and xiaomi phones, hangout wakes lock screen whenever i get a notification

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod