Notifications that can be cleared on another device not disappearing

philipdepalo

Mar 14, 2021
Visit site
I didn't know how to word the title, but if I get Gmail a notification pops up on my phone. If I'm sitting on my computer too and check that new email, on my old pixel the notification would disappear a few moments later now that the email has been checked or read. On the pixel 6 pro its just remaining there until I clear it. Same goes for other things you can check in two places, like Facebook notifications or Facebook messenger. I will respond on my computer and yet the messenger icon stays up until I clear it away. I tested it out up to an hour later and it was still there.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I just tested this on my phone and when I read the email on my computer the notification disappeared from my notification area on my 6 Pro

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just tested this on my phone and when I read the email on my computer the notification disappeared from my notification area on my 6 Pro

Same here. works ok. Can't speak for facebook; however, for gmail; it works. Phone signals email received, as soon as it is brought over to the computer, it is gone on the phone. Send myself some screen prints this AM and just did a test try. Guess google syncs ok ok some devices.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have seen it work for Gmail, not sure for other apps it'll work or not. I'm guessing in order to work they probably should be using some system API to signal this etc. Won't be surprised if many apps aren't using that.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Definitely app-dependent. Some have this functionality but others do not. Also, if there is a polling interval as with email you might have to wait for that interval for syncing. Some of my email accounts poll every half hour. Others are push so they work instantly.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter so I cannot speak to that.