Notifications while in sleep mode?

the8re

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Notifications while in sleep mode

My email notification comes through (at FULL volume, mind you!) when my phone is in sleep mode. How do I configure so that no sounds occur while in sleep mode?

I cut over to this phone a month ago after 6 years on iPhones, so excuse my ignorance on most things Droid...

-t

weatherlover1

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Notifications while in sleep mode

Well, double check your sleep mode settings to make sure you have it set to not get notifications. The other option is to download an app to help. I use sound profile. It works great for me. I do have the pro version but I started with the free. It gives you lots of options for when to have your phone silent.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

You can setup interruption time or priority mode times. Sleep is just for active notifications while screen is off.

Settings ->Sounds and notification -> interruption

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

What do you mean by "sleep mode" - do you mean late at night, while you are sleeping, or while the phone's display is off but the phone is powered on?

I'm assuming you mean while you are sleeping. Doesn't the Moto app have Assist to allow the phone to stop sound for specific times (i.e., while sleeping)? (Also based on calendar events, so it won't sound while you are in a meeting.)

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...r_detail/a_id/108322/p/30,6720,9583/kw/assist

SCFoxman

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

Yep.

Use the Moto app, which incorporates the old Assist app to control phone modes such as driving, sleeping, etc...

Within, you can prohibit sounds during the hours which you have selected as "sleep" time. You can also allow "favorites" to override.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Yep.

Use the Moto app, which incorporates the old Assist app to control phone modes such as driving, sleeping, etc...

Within, you can prohibit sounds during the hours which you have selected as "sleep" time. You can also allow "favorites" to override.

Assist is going away in 6.0, so I wouldn't consider that a long term solution.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Notifications while in sleep mode

Assist is going away in 6.0, so I wouldn't consider that a long term solution.

It's a great now solution, though. Particularly because there is no idea when the phone will get marshmallow.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

It's a great now solution, though. Particularly because there is no idea when the phone will get marshmallow.

Why do something twice when you can just do it once? He'll probably forget about assist being removed, update, and then get woken up in the middle of the night again. Then, he'll have to find this post, start another one about interruptions, figure out how to set it up, and then be back to where he could have been from the start.

Then he'll say, this Android stuff is a pita, and go back to apple.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Oh, I'm pretty sure that Motorola is going to make it clear what needs to be changed. Again, the assist app is being retired, but the functionality will still exist for all parts of assist. In this case, Marshmallow has a sophisticated "Do not disturb" feature which allows time based rules, which doesn't exist today in Lollipop. See Do Not Disturb Mode: Android Marshmallow finally got it right | Pocketnow

So, you can't do the time based rules without a third party app or Assist right now. You're going to have to learn something new anyway. So, to the OP, see my post above.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Oh, I'm pretty sure that Motorola is going to make it clear what needs to be changed. Again, the assist app is being retired, but the functionality will still exist for all parts of assist. In this case, Marshmallow has a sophisticated "Do not disturb" feature which allows time based rules, which doesn't exist today in Lollipop. See Do Not Disturb Mode: Android Marshmallow finally got it right | Pocketnow

So, you can't do the time based rules without a third party app or Assist right now. You're going to have to learn something new anyway. So, to the OP, see my post above.

Have you ever even seen interruptions before? I'm guessing no because "time based rules" is basically what it is.

Attachments

• 2762.jpg
    2762.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 43

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397