NOVA Launcher Prime Question

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I was using Apex Pro, but was having issues with the Apex Notifier and my SMS notifications ... so I switched to Nova, and so far it's working like a charm. I have installed TeslaUnread, and MissedIt! ... By and large they seem to be the same thing, which is nice, because it took me only moments to get familiar with it, at least so far.

Anyway, before I get off topic, here are my questions about Nova:

1. When I am on my home screen and hit the physical home button, it pulls up my "manage home screens" utility (where all the home pages get small and you can arrange them and/or directly choose one to go to) ... Is there a way to turn this off, so that when you hit the home button and are already on your home screen, it just does nothing?

2. The Apex launcher had a menu with many more options on it (the menu when you hit the capacitive menu button on the phone). One of those options was "lock desktop". Nova's menu does not have this option, and it's somewhat buried in the Nova settings. Is there a way to modify the Nova menu to add a "lock desktop" and "unlock desktop" like Apex has?

Thanks.

EDIT TO ADD:

I figured out how to fix Question 1 ... Still looking for an answer on Question 2.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It's under nova's desktop settings, the very last option.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-09-21-46-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-09-21-46-42.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 42

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
It's under nova's desktop settings, the very last option.

Posted via Android Central App

sorry ... i wasn't too clear about what i was asking ... I already know where it is ... "buried in the settings" ... I was just wondering if there's a way to put the lock/unlock option on the menu that comes up when you hit the capacitive menu button on your phone.

It doesnt look like you can ... but I have realized that when you do have the desktop locked, you can still long-press on the desktop and get to a "temporary unlock" mode to make adjustments ... and then the desktop automatically locks back when you lock or turn off your phone.

That's good enough for me.

Gotta admit, I think I like Nova better than Apex ... it just seems to work smoother, and less glitchy with notifications. Well worth the few dollars it costs.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh gotcha, not sure if you can do that. Wondering though if you could set a gesture for it or a Zooper widget that could access that function.?
Edit:Couldn't get it with Zooper or gesture so it's a good thing the long press route is OK for you.
I use Buzz Launcher and you can add it on the home screen as a toggle. Check it out sometime it's a good launcher.

Last edited:

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change the color of the the Status bar at the top ? (signal, battery, date etc) I am using Nova Launcher with DynamicNotifications and the Stealth icon pack... loving the look !! The only thing I want to do is increase the icon size... which I can do if I pay for Nova Prime, but before I pay for a premium version of a launcher, I was wondering if there was one that would allow me to change the icon size AND the color of the status bar at the top... I really don`t want to root :)