NS4G saves the day

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Titanium backup to backup and restore your apps and data although built in backup in gingerbreak should work but i haven't tried it yet.
install wireless tether, plus other apps that were mentioned.

Would the device you are then using not need to be 4G capable?
At which I don't think the iPad 2 is. . .
Or does it just pick up the speed and nothing else?

it doesn't matter what device you use. your NS4G becomes access point with 4G connectivity to the internet. My ipad is wifi only so I was using NS4G as an access point to the internet.

Reactions: gramamoose

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
it doesn't matter what device you use. your NS4G becomes access point with 4G connectivity to the internet. My ipad is wifi only so I was using NS4G as an access point to the internet.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty cool!!! Thanks for the info!!!
So you have to be rooted for that. . .
Okay, I'm pretty new to all this :confused:. CM7 seems the most popular. Is that what you have and recommend?

dmora01_AC

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I used to flash roms like crazy in my evo and never enjoyed the phone bc always is something new and I was getting frustrated. That is I went with the nexus s, CM7 is nice but with those night builds I was flashing every night bc a bug here and there, they always fix one but they create other one so is a endless process. The nexus s is a nice phone, I am going to keep the evo as my second line to tether with my laptop most of the time and to keep flashing roms. With google voice if somebody call me to my google number rings in my two phones.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
it doesn't matter what device you use. your NS4G becomes access point with 4G connectivity to the internet. My ipad is wifi only so I was using NS4G as an access point to the internet.

That's pretty cool!!! Thanks for the info!!!
So you have to be rooted for that. . .
Okay, I'm pretty new to all this :confused:. CM7 seems the most popular. Is that what you have and recommend?[/QUOTE]

You don't need to load custom roms. you just need to root. 2 different things. once you are rooted u can install wireless tether or use builtin hotspot without rooting

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to understand the difference! HA!!!
And even looked up some of the threads on here but they seem to be for those who already have a basic understanding of what is being done and what to do and what the differences are from all the different things that you can do. . .
Anyway. . .I started a new thread "Rooting for Idiots". . .
So if you or anyone could post on there some advice, I would really appreciate it!