Oclf after the update

bunger

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I noticed people are removing their lag fixes...but

I got the dreaded update notification today. After I update will ryan za lag fix work after the update?

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I noticed people are removing their lag fixes...but

I got the dreaded update notification today. After I update will ryan za lag fix work after the update?

I would uninstall the EXT2 files and the lagfix from the OCLF menu, but do not uninstall OCLF (or you can always download it again later). Once you update, you can re-install the EXT2 files and the lagfix and it will be back to the way it was.

atlkr5

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I just did the first time install of the OCLF, after the J7 update and it has saved me from selling the phone.

It is a great fix and it has worked after the recent update.

The above procedures look like the correct action, uninstall tools, do up date and reinstall tools.

If you haven't done the OCLF and have lag, take the time and go through it, it is so good that I went and bought/donated the program in the market.

bunger

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I have not done the lag fix but am preparing to after the update.

Busybox is needed i only see one apk in the market stericson's busybox installer is this the recommended one for this device? it claims it doesnt always work and could bootloop a device. I dont want to deal with that.

What is the best/recommended busybox installer without running scripts etc. (a process that can be totally done on the device) so that I can run the OCLF by ryanZA

thanks guys

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I have not done the lag fix but am preparing to after the update.

Busybox is needed i only see one apk in the market stericson's busybox installer is this the recommended one for this device? it claims it doesnt always work and could bootloop a device. I dont want to deal with that.

What is the best/recommended busybox installer without running scripts etc. (a process that can be totally done on the device) so that I can run the OCLF by ryanZA

thanks guys

Just search the Market for OCLF - it includes everything in one package that you need to run the lagfix.

bunger

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
thanks did the oclf...getting quad scores in the 2300s
AWESOME never realized how bad it was til now

BOOYAH droid x

thanks guys

acer01

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I am new to this. did the oclf about an hour ago and all went fine. what happens if you do an ota update that is sent out from att or samsung and do not uninstall the ext2 files?

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Quad scores are meaningless on the One Click/ ryanza and other lag fixes. The Filesystem does some weird IO and buffering and the scores are false.

Everyone has moved to the Voodoo lagfix - it makes the entire OS run on Ext 4 instead of just the /data and /dbdata partitions. It is failure proof and has all kinds of other pluses and no downside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86